damn EA

ophiruslevus

ea done it again, they make it impossible to play dune. Is it that hard to keep an old server running. Shame on those people, they still selling the game. Also they promissed dune would be supported and look its 5 weeks now since xwiss take over and its still not working. Let them give us dune, so we can do it our own. Can't fed2k put any pressure on this issue. Damn iam angry.

First I would like to say thank you to muis for the email, I appreciate it. Second I would like to apologize for me not being an active player on Dune.

I don't know really how to fix this issue I'm going to see if I can contact a few game servers and see if I can purchase or rent, a server to play Dune 2000 on. I don't know if it will work or if I will be able to afford it but I do promise to investigate the matter.

I would like to thank rotorz for always being their for Dune and that his efforts are not in vain.

E.A. should take care of it's games that they have the rights too. Not pawn them on some crappy server that could give a damn less about them. They should not just leave them to die. It is heart-breaking to see this happening and I know how frustrating it is. I will never buy another E.A.

we have a friend called FoXrotorz, that guy fix dune countless times, but he never succeeded in figuring out how to make dune to work on xwis, we asked him to have a look at the situation again and see if there's anything he can do, but to tell you the truth its not fair to ask a man who's busy with job wife and kids to spend his little free time so he can make a game he doesnt even play work again!

instead we asked dear mr. olaf to help us, he did speak with rotorz and told him what he think should be done but its not merely enough, he gave his opinion and left rotorz to handle with the issue!

now that you know what we know can you, fed2k stuff, do what's in your power to help us?

here's the thing, both rotorz and olaf can fix it, but olaf prefers rotorz will fix the problem alone and if it works he would make the changes in xwis.

Rotorz is in a far better position to discover the exact cause of the issue.

Because he has a working server already.

He can change it step-by-step until it matches the XWIS output. As soon as Dune 2000 starts failing he knows what's wrong.

I could do the reverse but then it may not work until the end and then I still don't know the exact cause.

Why does rotz have to fix the server? He has a wife, kids and a job he didn't ask to be in charge of fixing the server. He isn't affliated with XWIS and hes repairing their server. He doesen't even play anymore and yet they still want him to fix it. Does that not sound wrong to anyone else but me? When I was chatting with rotz it didn't even seem like he wanted to work on it.

we have a friend called FoXrotorz, that guy fix dune countless times, but he never succeeded in figuring out how to make dune to work on xwis, we asked him to have a look at the situation again and see if there's anything he can do, but to tell you the truth its not fair to ask a man who's busy with job wife and kids to spend his little free time so he can make a game he doesnt even play work again!

instead we asked dear mr. olaf to help us, he did speak with rotorz and told him what he think should be done but its not merely enough, he gave his opinion and left rotorz to handle with the issue!

now that you know what we know can you, fed2k stuff, do what's in your power to help us?

i'm wit ya

Why does rotz have to fix it he has a wife, kids and a job he did not ask to be in charge of Dune he isn't even affliated with XWIS and hes repairing a game he doesen't even play. Does that not sound wrong to anyone else but me? When I was chatting with him it didn't even seem like he wanted to.

Yes Outlaw, I think all of us think the same way. Xwiss is responsible for fixing dune. We (Ophirus, Arredpain and Muis2004)tried to help here and got people together on msn because there where many questions and nothing happened so far. We invited Rotorz and Olaf. It was a technical issue and we where glad Rotorz and Olaf where discussing the matter. But we are not technical educated and could not help out. I think Rotorz is not waiting for jobs like thisone i can imagin, but he will look at it. He is a busy man and didnt had the time yet to look into the matter. I also dont know if Olaf can handle this problem by himself, its an old game.