New Buddha has come ???

DevQ

I heard on the BBC that in Nepal's jungle is 15 years old boy that is sitting under tree for 6 months & he's meditating without water & food (incredible) of course he have breaks for talk with his parents etc. I also heard that his mother have the same name as the mother of first budda have (maybe it's case) people from this region are sure that he is new Budda .....

It's invention of BBC.... but also why not the true?

Of course it requires more evidence in this case, especially when it is a human being - which you can actually study. It would be another thing if we were talking about, say, God or the Loch Ness monster. But of course, I assume the BBC won't go further into this thing...

there are humans on this planet which have gifts that we do not understand and actually do exist. Ie, i have seen people being 'magnified'. Ie, they can have stuff of metal attached to them, as if they are a big magnete.

Apart from that, this is not the first case of a human being able to survive for so long with so little.

Well lets see if he ever attains enlightenment first, sounds like it hasent happened yet. And what kind of tree is he sitting under? buddha my ass ;) hehe

I think calling him the "new buddha" is a bit silly. There have been scores of men who have fasted and meditated to attain self realization. The answer to whetherh e is a buddha-like figure depends on the results, not on the actions.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder... am I Buddha if I invent a little machine tweaking my body so nothing blocks me from attaining a chosen state?

The limits brought by the body, and their difference from one person to another, are of certain interest. How is this little guy still is interesting, within the limits of science or not.

• 2 weeks later...
there are humans on this planet which have gifts that we do not understand and actually do exist. Ie, i have seen people being 'magnified'. Ie, they can have stuff of metal attached to them, as if they are a big magnete.

Then why don't they come forward? Why don't they let themselves be studied by scientific principles, so that we can understand that this is not fake, but true?

• 3 months later...