Debate Starcraft BW Races....Who's the best ^^

Nuvollari

I didn't find zerg to be that difficult. Maybe less so than Terrans. The hard thing with them is to control their huge numbers without losing them in frustrating situations. But I learned it pretty quickly with the fast producing hatchery's.

Terrans are maybe not very difficult in most situations. But I find that using ghost's with lockdown and controlling your siegetank/marine/goliath armies well to be somewhat difficult as they are rather immobile.

Dunno...But i had no problem controling zerg armies when i used to be pretty good...Check if u play on zero clutter map its really great to be terran and its easier to control their armies.....u just put the sieges tanks at the entrance and some golialts as backup(on 0clutter u have only one entrance) and then just sending ur goliats to atk..I used to do that  in the old days....

Well, yes they are great vs. air, especially with the range and weapon upgrades. But vs. ground I think they are pretty bad for their cost. They can't stand up to either zealots/zerglings nor dragoons/hydralisks. They look good though, and can pretty nicely protect your siege tanks to threats like air units (except for mutalisks, they don't fare very well against those) and a few zerglings or zealots that come close to your tanks.

I find that the siege tank/goliath/wraith combo is pretty good, but can be beaten by hydralisks/zerglings unless you have a good chokepoint. But then again.. that's where queens come in...

Terrans, obviously.

They say they need a balanced force to fight, until you pump out endless BCs and Wraiths.

Zerg are way too hard for me to play. It's just sending unit after unit to their death in hopes they give. Protoss are good, but way too expensive. Especially the carriers which aren't really worth it.

I know i m off topic but i wanan ask u something guys....When do you guys rush(if u rush) and with what type of units?

Well with zerg, if I rush i usually go either fast mutalisk (depends on the map though), hydralisk with zerglings or fast lurker. But often I also try to get a good drop as fast as possible which often works better than the rush.

As for the carriers, I think they're more worth their price than battlecruisers in most situations. BC's are powerful, but they have more problems with turrets unless in massive numbers, and have more problems with powerful weapons like dark swarm, plague and psi storm. Apart from that, carriers aren't automatically targeted by enemies. Often the interceptors are the first targets until the enemy targets your carriers directly.

Don't get me wrong though, battlecruisers are definatly strong and a great support. But can't realy stand on their own in small numbers or vs. a good player. They have immense problems with dark swarm/hydralisks/plague and psi storms/scouts.

I completely agree with you on the carrier/battlecruiser thing.

What I love to do, is this:

12 carriers, 2 arbiters, 2 observers.

They're built under the fake cover of pretending to rush with zealots (so the enemy never thinks of the right counter).

Terran

Just look at the one person who was world champion for years, Boxxer (terran)

Now its that zerg player, which is in the same clan as boxxer (pantech&curitel)

SC is very balanced so its hard to say which race is better, but its definately a race between terran/zerg

I'm sure protoss is as good as Terran/zerg. Protoss is easy to handle at first. But to master it, it is as difficult as the terrans and the zerg. Using high templar, dark archons and corsairs well takes quite some practice and skill. I definetly think that Protoss is equal to the terrans and zergs

• 1 month later...

lmao fools, you dont have the micro skills! lol lol  seriously though, if you got da micro, zerg give you more speed than anyone else.  if youre playing protoss, youd best figure out how to get your shit pumpin out FAST before someone finds your base.  their high unit cost generally means that someone able to generate significantly higher numbers (ex. the zerg) has a huge advantage at the beginning.  also, with the zerg, everything is a half rush.    i like the creeper strategy, where you start with the main base, of course,  but you spastically generate outposts within defending distance.  eventually, you reach your tenebrious tentacles into range of their base,  and you start a steady pump of carnage (nydus canal?) into their face, which is subsequentially rocked.  but this takes a lot of maintenance, some time, and steady funds, thusly, if you dont have da micro, noob, you'd best stick with your safety dance rushes.

lmao fools, you dont have the micro skills! lol lol  seriously though, if you got da micro, zerg give you more speed than anyone else.  if youre playing protoss, youd best figure out how to get your shit pumpin out FAST before someone finds your base.  their high unit cost generally means that someone able to generate significantly higher numbers (ex. the zerg) has a huge advantage at the beginning.  also, with the zerg, everything is a half rush.    i like the creeper strategy, where you start with the main base, of course,  but you spastically generate outposts within defending distance.  eventually, you reach your tenebrious tentacles into range of their base,  and you start a steady pump of carnage (nydus canal?) into their face, which is subsequentially rocked.  but this takes a lot of maintenance, some time, and steady funds, thusly, if you dont have da micro, noob, you'd best stick with your safety dance rushes.

*Wonders who the hell this guy is*

THe Problems with the BC's can easily be overcome by pairing them up with Valkyrs and Wraiths. When an a combo group, the Wraiths and Valkyrs provide defense for the Cruisers, while they use their massive attack power on the enemy base/units. Combo that with a Marine/Firebat/Medic rush with some Siege Tanks providing cover, and there is almost no chance of defeat for the Attacking Terran.  ;D