Battlefield 2

Acriku

i wont be shading tears on some full eye candy physics games .

i think bf3 will be a better game and a whole different system requirement

friendly .

Can't agree that they will make bf3 friendly with such requirements, since anygames nowadays are asking to push peoples pockets to the limit if they wanna play games of high calibre. It seems they used the same Frostbites engine for bf3 as they did for 'bf bc' on the xbox and ps, and then used it on the dx version of Frostbites engine for the pc version.

fingers crossed it won't need to much heavey requirements as there isn't any mention of building destruction. :-X

A quad-core isn't necessary for BC2..

Minimum Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943

Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz

Main memory: 2GB

Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT  / ATI X1900

Graphics memory: 256MB

Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)

10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943)

Recommended Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2 & BF1943

Processor: Quadcore

Main memory: 2GB

Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260

Graphics memory: 512MB

Free HDD space: 15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)

10GB for Digital Version, 4GB for Disc Version (BF1943)

I'm sorry but the core 2 duo is FOUR years old now. PC gaming requires continual upgrades. Don't really know what to tell you - it's always been this way.

And you really think BF3 will go DOWN on specs?  ::)

PC gaming requires continual upgrades. Don't really know what to tell you - it's always been this way.

And you really think BF3 will go DOWN on specs?  ::)

Well said. ;D Sill, might give it a go coz i've got a great gaming GC. got loadsa hard drive space. would enable me to hook up with ma clan for old time sake, not that i left em. only just that they got rid of the bf2 server and now totally moved onto bf bc2.

Thanks for that GhostHunter. ;)

• 5 months later...

Wowo I have just played bf bc2 and what can i say? Flipin AWSOME shooter. 10 times better then bf2 and buildings blow up properly and scraps get chiped off from rifles...oh boy it gets much better when you play online where now you can spawn on any of your team so noone is squad leader. we can play serveral modes in online and one of them is to blow up the enemies M.COM. it still has the Scar.L, f2000, mg36, and the g3, m95 rifles from bf2. and now the snipers have motion sensors. online playability is bloomin hectic with smoke blowing from the ground and explosions blowing near, big big maps and snipers also have the ability to call for mortar strikes. Anyone else have bc2?

Wowo I have just played bf bc2 and what can i say? Flipin AWSOME shooter. 10 times better then bf2 and buildings blow up properly and scraps get chiped off from rifles...oh boy it gets much better when you play online where now you can spawn on any of your team so noone is squad leader. we can play serveral modes in online and one of them is to blow up the enemies M.COM. it still has the Scar.L, f2000, mg36, and the g3, m95 rifles from bf2. and now the snipers have motion sensors. online playability is bloomin hectic with smoke blowing from the ground and explosions blowing near, big big maps and snipers also have the ability to call for mortar strikes. Anyone else have bc2?

ill be getting the gtx460 soon , if you want i can buy the game , but i think your clan will organize a man hunt for me

if they saw me on their servers hehe ,,

oh yes go for it(the official game) definetly worth it, 10 times better then bf2 and it still has the bf2 feeling. and if you hate lag...I'll just pop onto your server at which your internet will succumb to, as the server sections is now split into 4-5 different areas in the world so all i have do is have you in freinds list, and click on your name, then it will log me into your server automatically...not through x-fire but the 'actual' game. brillient or what?

3 times more weapons and now has tank armour upgrades, and tracker darts, but remeber....you can no longer lie down anymore (prone) and there are no more claymores or jets fighters. police.gif

man hunt. I think you'd be man hunting them and you can show em what they've been missing..hopefully thats if you don't lag in the european servers.

watch both the videos near the top of this thread again, to see what it's like.

srry i was talking about bf3 , if it was to replace bf2 .

and no i dont lag at Europe servers , my ping can be as low as 150 ms , i played more than 1000 hours

on antik in check republic and it was fine .

and am not that good in gaming as i used to be on emp . am 10 years older man , hehe

i mean if you saw my other post i tried to play star craft 2 with the AI and it shred me to peaces .

i havent beaten every game i played but i never felt so helpless with the AI .

anyway its always good to say hi to u girls ..

btw i stopped playing online long ago , so no much communication with people .

so many single player games to play , currently am playing theater of war 2 kursk and space wolf 3

and Alcatraz lol all in the same time .

• 3 months later...

i upgraded my pc it plays bfbc2 easily on low settings on both 1920 and 1050 res . take a look :

bfbc2game20110125094339.th.jpg

bfbc2game20110125095130.th.jpg

75 fps and i dont even match minimum requirement for this game .

i guess i can play at antik now but the only thing that needs upgrade now is me , i feel so lame to play online again and make

competition . dang guys am 40 yo now hehe . maybe bf3 might lure me to buy it .

• 2 weeks later...

too late for that now

http://enterbf3.com/

am gonna buy the game and ill be joining xgu (extreme gay unit ) clan again soon . only bad thing is i expected easier cpu recommendation

here than the quad cores . but i think they made it with bc2 engine . i oced my old E8500 its doing ok with bc2 but bf3 is much newer

and i must test it first so am not the happier gay on arraki .

lags in bf2 drove me crazy . ill be 40 yo in April . goodbye all you pretty chicks . Elvis has left the building .

• 3 weeks later...

BF 3 short vid!

looks real , not so far away when we will lose contact between the real world and virtual reality ,

pretty tiring tho , just finished dead space 2 on hard , and it was a real nightmare , took me weeks to

finish . brain damage alert ,

am playing this :

http://www.battleforge.com/en/home/

and its free , if anyone from the old friends want to join me .