Battlefield 2

Acriku

Vanilla bf2 will NEVER be dead, it will only get better..granted i'm not too crazy about some of the

booster packs (tank maps). this is one of those games that come along once in a blue moon and is never the same. for instance Doom 3 I loved it but once I played it on all th levels of difficulties and for alternate endings. After that everyting was predictable.  BF2 is just never the same no matter how many times you play it.

Just face the facts, EA and Dice created a killer game and as long as they keep it patched and updated, it will conntinue to be a solid gold game. The amount of online players speaks for that alone. I myself am not too crazy about futuristic bf2, but like gun said it may turn out to be a killer game. By the way, does anyone else like that little chopper like the one opn the map Road Rage lol they should have those in every map.

The only thing I wish they would do is implement all the other weapons from SF etc.for all maps.

and a few of those small choppers on karkand,or Sharqi with grapping hooks, zips and maybe a nightime karkand map with night-vision goggles. that would kick ass. Also myabe introduce a sniper rifle with night-vision scope. ah yea!

The best one is already in the topic title. ;)

Anyway, I would imagine this can house the BF2142 thread as well when it comes out (or any released info comes out).

Back ontopic, anybody want to schedule a game with all of us? I'm usually free 10:00PM EST- till whenever.

sure man ... i've got a new TS server if you like using the microhpone.... (cant guarantee it'll always be up tho).

10pm EST sounds good.  Is that everyday?  If so then we probably can get alot of BF2 in.

My screenname is Chuck Norris Pwnage.

Vanilla bf2 will NEVER be dead, it will only get better..granted i'm not too crazy about some of the

booster packs (tank maps). this is one of those games that come along once in a blue moon and is never the same. for instance Doom 3 I loved it but once I played it on all th levels of difficulties and for alternate endings. After that everyting was predictable.  BF2 is just never the same no matter how many times you play it.

Just face the facts, EA and Dice created a killer game and as long as they keep it patched and updated, it will conntinue to be a solid gold game. The amount of online players speaks for that alone. I myself am not too crazy about futuristic bf2, but like gun said it may turn out to be a killer game. By the way, does anyone else like that little chopper like the one opn the map Road Rage lol they should have those in every map.

The only thing I wish they would do is implement all the other weapons from SF etc.for all maps.

and a few of those small choppers on karkand,or Sharqi with grapping hooks, zips and maybe a nightime karkand map with night-vision goggles. that would kick ass. Also myabe introduce a sniper rifle with night-vision scope. ah yea!

Yes BF2 is great... i will always keep it becuz the flight simluations in it are the best... i mean its got the most realistic flight simulator of any game i have seen, and i have a HOTAS flightstick which is a replica of an F-16 stick and throttle.  So i will always keep BF2 if not just for the jet dogfighting rush.

However i will be getting Quake-Enemy territory because it will be TFC reborn which is something i have longed for..... for 6 years.  ANd it will be next generational.... meaning a level of gaming technology above BF2 and other shooters... and you know me... i just got to have the latest and greatest.

Guns

i don't agree erjin ,,, with the lunch of the new wave fps like the new bf and crises and others it is logical to shade a light on them even in this thread..as many bf2 players may find them self's playing those new games....

I meant that this isnt an all-shootem-up thread. Anyone who can find this thread can find another for the other games. This is a BF2 thread, thats all I meant.

The problem, spicy, is perhaps you dont play enough bf2 lately to enable you to comment on the game. I could be wrong, and if I am I apologies. Why not get xfire, then I can check without guessing :P

ok heres the problem :

I`ve purcased the ARMOUR FURY. ;D

Installed it ,patched with 1.4.

When I try to play any maps from the booster I get the message to buy it first...? :O

I couldnt buy it as cybopace so i did enter cybo, has that anything with this case to do???

upfront thanks

cybo

you must play it with the same nick as when you bought it, the two are linked.  Yes you can only play it with "cybo" nickname.

Yea, you can play around all day with changing the prefix before your nick, but stay with the original one you used to register the game with always.

Hey, I know I've talked to you about this before Guns and Company, but I have Battlefield 2 (no special forces), and I'd be extremely interested in having a squad with you guys. (If thats what you guys do in-game while on TS.)

I played about 2 weeks, had about rank 3 or 4. I liked medic.

I haven't played in a long time, though.

Get yourself on xfire and then add us all (there is a list somewhere, I think, will check threads in a munite).

Then just join us when we are on.

As for squadding, I havent played much lately with life being ultra busy, but I must say the best time on BF2 was when playing with Akricu and Scar on one of the maps, the three of us in our little squad.

Lets get on xfire then set a time and date !

@scar ! You used the xploit yourself once ! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Been over a month since I played BF2 now. Since I went back in time with my HD image I havent setup BF2 correctly, plus I had issues with Xfire not working ingame, so I guess its a good time to reinstall all 1.5+GB of it :P

Probably be busy for another month at least as well, so might get a record 2 months of no play on BF2. Ocassionally I get a quick game of Emp going but thats very rare too. I only play that becuase its relatively quick !