Battlefield 2

Acriku

10 pages anyone? lets do it!

hehe....

well gunner, glad to see you found a singaporean server... i can understand that... i wouldnt want to be forced to play on a distant server either.  Good to hear you are having fun....

Cybopache.....  glad to see you are persistant in getting everything hooked up and going... we will try to assimilate you into teamspeak soon.  I need to know what time zone you are in tho.

Motherboard =>  Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI Audio/GB-LAN/IEEE-1394a/PCI-E/SATA3G/DDR/ATX 64 (939 socket) (has dual x16 PCI-E SLI)

Memory (RAM) => 2 GB RAM (2 pcs of 1GB) DDR (400) PC-3200 OCZ Dual Channel Platinum

CPU = >        AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 1MB (90nm process) Rev. E San Diego (939 socket)     

Graphics =>    TWO PCI-E Nvidia 7800 GTX in DUAL SLI mode.  (OMG over 48 pixel pipelines)

Hey guns, I got the same mobo and 1 gig of kingston ram, with the same CPU, but I dont think I will be getting double GPUs. Doesnt the game have to be aware of the 2 cards ? I guess BF2 will be aware of them.

Scar, those guys that bunny hoppers will adapt a new revolutionary idea...dying like the mofos they are !  >:(

Too long they have stolen kills that are not theirs, its time to fight back, I say ! Whos with me ?!  :P

Hey guns, I got the same mobo and 1 gig of kingston ram, with the same CPU, but I dont think I will be getting double GPUs. Doesnt the game have to be aware of the 2 cards ? I guess BF2 will be aware of them.

The game doesnt have to recognize the two video cards..... your motherboard (which is same as mine) will automatically link the two graphics cards thru an internal SLI link with software...(means we dont need an external connector).... so that they work together.  basically what happens is one graphic card renders to the top half of the screen .. the other does the bottom half of the screen.. and the two are merged..... so basically the game is cut in half and each half is fed to one of the cards.  Allowing you to play at high frames with max details... means you dont have to sacrifice any quality for performance.  Its like a dream come true for an old school gamer such as myself.

OMG... i just realized... i will be able to play emp on full graphics too online.... ohh shite!  :P

I`m in timezone +1 hr. greenwich mean time(EUT).

How do come to unlock wepons?

bunny jumpers:

Dingle the carrot infront of them, and as they try to jump, they realize they are stuck on ground .Then go chop their head of.

Cybo

Mine is GMT+8.00

When you get a new rank, you have the choice to unlock a weapon. Either that or sufficient experience required to do so. If you choose to do so later, you have to log out, and log in again to get the new rank dialog box that comes with a weapons unlock.

Your first unlock comes when you are a lance corporal.

Quote from battlefield nation site:

------------------------------------

We have received secret photographic Intel from the Planet Battlefield website regarding the 1.2 patch.  These images reveal aspects to be introduced to this game through the patch.  One of the images contains information regarding a visible UAV that can be shot down to prematurely shut down the enemies scan.  Others reveal new weapons for the sniper and anti-tank kits to unlock.

patch 1.2 readme  http://www.bfnation.net/images/news/navallord/jan06/changelist.gif

SF anti tank bonus weapon =  L96A1  http://www.bfnation.net/images/news/navallord/jan06/bf2-1-2-2.jpg

SF sniper bonus weapon =  P90  http://www.bfnation.net/images/news/navallord/jan06/bf2-1-2-3.jpg

The new patch will be available around 1st-3rd february    ;D

I doubt I would be playing with you guys. The lag makes gameplay obscene for me. I'm quite happy with the Singaporean server. Made friends with one guy with whom I have been playing for a while. He makes a great team leader and is quite tolerant with a couple of us newbies and teaches us the way to do stuff. Nowadays, we don't die so often ;D

Anyway, I unlocked the medic weapon that had a much better crosshair (the one that was boasted with the thing about changing marksmanship tests or something). It's awesome. But in the process I realised that I could not unlock Flashbangs. Yet in vanilla BF2 I was hit by one. How did that happen?

well in this case i wont get the game at first place... i dont want to playe on egyption servers for sure..the idea was to join the dune2k team but my system is so mutch similar to gunner...

and i dont want to keep spoilling gunwound life like i did in emp...

The game doesnt have to recognize the two video cards..... your motherboard (which is same as mine) will automatically link the two graphics cards thru an internal SLI link with software...(means we dont need an external connector).... so that they work together....

...OMG... i just realized... i will be able to play emp on full graphics too online.... ohh shite!  :P

Right, so I misunderstood how the SLI works, I thought crossfire was the one that didnt need Double Gfx card aware software.

As for not needing the hardware link between the two cards, I didnt know it could be done by software only either ! Obviously my info in this area is crap, to say the least !

I tried emp on max details with my 6600GT thinking the card was reasonably new and the game pretty old...and offline its fine, looks gorgeous. Online was another matter.

Lag like something serious.

Also, I think I should say Teamspeak and XFire can coexist, even if XFire and BF2 InGame chat can work well too. They compliment each other well.

SF sniper bonus weapon =  P90  http://www.bfnation.net/images/news/navallord/jan06/bf2-1-2-3.jpg

The new patch will be available around 1st-3rd february    ;D

I can't really imagine a better sniper rifle than a M-95 .50 cal(freakin cannon) with a scope, I mean, being realistic for a sec here, if you get hit anywhere on your body with one shot from a M-95 your toast. That gun really should be a 1 or 2 hit kill gun in game.

Or just press Ctrl + Shift and R, thanks to O GReat Gob for that. I wondered the same thing, its the cache'd version stored on your comp you keep seeing.

Yeah, sniper is too hard to use at the moment, also, as soon as they creep up on me I cant do nothing, and hate the fact sniper gun is crap for close combat.

since i am not getting raped on labor fees (which doubles the price of a computer) ....

Dude, show me a demographic that is paying 50% margin for assembly for a PC.  Those margins haven't existed since the 1980's. 

The game isn't multi-threaded, therefore there is not a significant advantage to running more than a single processor.... Aside from perhaps trying to mask some personal shortcomings  ;D

However that said, I'll run a little speed test later this week.

The game isn't multi-threaded, therefore there is not a significant advantage to running more than a single processor.... Aside from perhaps trying to mask some personal shortcomings  ;D

Well there's really no test needed,as this is a no-brainer. This game is mainly GPU dependent more so than CPU. And I assure you that the hardware he mentioned will make this game run with ease and graphics will be able to be played the way it's meant to be seen, in all high details with ease,without lag. You can't be serious saying there's no advantage in an ASUS-Sli board with 2 great cards, new CPU, memory,kick-ass FSB,PCI express..etc.(trust me, the list goes on and on for that board alone). That compared to an AGP board, with a 3gig CPU, even with the greatest VID card installable on it....Night and Day. No speed test is gonna prove otherwise.

Some Specifications on just a few Mboards to compare.

Model

Brand ASUS

Model A8N-SLI Premium

Supported CPU

CPU Socket Type Socket 939

CPU Type Athlon 64 FX/Athlon 64/Athlon X2

FSB 1000MHz Hyper Transport (2000 MT/s)

Chipsets

North Bridge NVIDIA nForce4 SLI

Memory

Number of DDR Slots 4x 184pin DDR

DDR Standard DDR 400 (PC 3200)

Maximum Memory Supported 4GB

Dual Channel Supported Yes

Expansion Slots

AGP Slots None

PCI Express x16 2

PCI Express x1 1

PCI Slots 3

Other Slots 1 x PCI Express X4

Storage Devices

P ATA 2 x ATA100 up to 4 Devices

P ATA RAID NV RAID 0/1/0+1 JBOD

SATA I 4

SATA II 4

S ATA RAID NV RAID 0/1/0+1/5 JBOD

Additional RAID Controller Sil 3114

Onboard Video

Onboard Video No

Onboard Audio

Audio Chipset Realtek ALC850

Audio Channels 8 Channels

Onboard LAN

LAN Chipset Marvell 88E8001

Max LAN Speed Dual 10/100/1000Mbps

Rear Panel Ports

PS/2 2

LPT 1

USB 4x USB 2.0

IEEE 1394 1x 1394

S/PDIF Out 1x Optical and 1x Coaxial

Audio Ports 6 Ports

Onboard USB

Onboard USB Connectors 6x USB 2.0

Onboard 1394

Onboard 1394 Connectors 1x 1394a

Physical Spec

Form Factor ATX

Dimensions 12.0" x 9.6"

Features

Power Pin 24 Pin

Features Support dual graphic cards, AI NET2,AI NOS,CrashFree BIOS 2,POST Reporter,Q-Fan2,MyLogo2,EZ Flash,Multi-language BIOS,C.P.R.,WinDVD Suite bundle, NV Firewall,AMD Cool 'n' Quiet! Technology.

Mainboard I currently have... Fair to say it's a mediocre at best board, but just shy of the AMD-64/Mboard upgrade I would like to have.

Processor  Socket A for AMD Athlon

Dude, show me a demographic that is paying 50% margin for assembly for a PC.  Those margins haven't existed since the 1980's. 

The game isn't multi-threaded, therefore there is not a significant advantage to running more than a single processor.... Aside from perhaps trying to mask some personal shortcomings   ;D

Boy boy boy.... ps501... please dont try to act like you know what you are talking about my friend  when you clearly are ignorant in this area.  Its like a chicken wandering into a fox's den.

(#1) ... Click on this link   http://dune2k.com/forum/index.php?topic=16628.msg270365#msg270365  to see where i showed Dukeleto that he was getting raped on his online computer purchase where he was basically paying  $2000 bucks for a $1000 computer. 

You are probably just as uninformed as he was back then.  Fortunately he has learned his lesson while you are still ignorant and throwing cash away buying from a vendor that gives you a CPU with high "ghz" but not much else.  Meanwhile getting sodomized on labor.  Alienware is one of the worst.  But go ahead and flush your cash down the toilet like the rest of the mainstream masses.

(#2).... you really showed your ignorance when you said that i should NOT get two video cards cause games are single threaded.  Well you only got half of it right.

Since games are single threaded it means you dont need a dual core CPU...meaning you dont need two cpu's or a dual core CPU... BUT that DOESNT mean you dont need an SLI dual videocard setup.  Its apples and oranges.  Whether a game is single threaded makes no difference when referring to using SLI.  I am not stupid.... i bought a single core processor because i knew that a second CPU would not give anymore gaming performance but SLI makes the two graphics card work together regardless of whether a game is single threaded.  This tells me you didnt even understand the list of components i posted above when talking about my computer... you either thought that i had bought two CPU's... or you thought that two GPU's i bought were incompatible with single threaded games like two CPU's would be..... either case you were wrong.  ;)

This is blatantly evident in that the Voodoo2 card which is an ancient ancient card (about 15 years old or more) was a dual GPU graphics card.  And of course all games back then were single threaded. 

So stick to what you are good at... whatever it is.  But please dont try jumping into tech conversations when you think  "Buying bleeding edge from Alienware" is something fantastic....bleeding edge from alienware isnt even bleeding edge ffs.  I want to play games in max detail at max performance, and i am doing it in an affordable way... meaning i am not helping to pay the mortgage on the Alienware's president's Mansion.

As far as 50% margins only in the 1980's... please.... there are plenty of people waiting to rip off suckers everyday like you, even in 2006.... you probably pay 20-30 bucks for an oil change when the 5 liters of oil they are using is only worth 5 bucks total....and it would take you 5 minutes to do it yourself.

Bottom line:..... Buying a high performance computer online or at a store is usually a ripoff (you should build it yourself.... anyone who knows what they are talking about will agree with me here)..... and two graphics cards will greatly increase performance on games (regardless of the fact that they are single threaded) 

Regards,

Gunwounds

To clear up the situtation even more.... here is a clearer explanation about using two video cards (GPU's)

image0110lr.png

basically this shows twice the frames with the SLI. 94 frames vs 53.5 frames.   Which is what you would expect.  The great thing is that the 94 frames (double) are achieved in maxxed out 4xAA 8xAF and 1600 x 1200 resolution which means a hell of alot more than if you were just doubling frames in say 640 x480 reoslution with low detail.  I cant wait to see what BF2 looks like when in that maxxed out mode as well as the other games i play... including F.E.A.R. which i want to pick up soon.

Also wanted to note that building a "bleeding edge" computer doesnt mean you must do it every 3 months like ps501 suggests... it means if you build a nice one it can last you a long time.... i kept my old 3ghz system (it was bleeding edge back then) for 2+ years now before deciding to upgrade recently.  Its usually the people who buy cheap budgety crap that often upgrade every 3 months because they are constantly unhappy with the poor performance their budgety system provides.  Whereas people who build awesome computers computers to begin with often keep them for years.  I usually keep my comps for 2+ years or more because thats how long it takes for software developers to come out with games advanced enough to challenge the systems i build for myself.

Hi, as i stick to this thread topic wich is the  review of bf2 pc game... i am starting to see the bad part of this game.... i mean comon guys this game was not made for the usual home pc users

just listen to this( ;D) :

quoted from game spy bf2 review page 4:

But the biggest complaint that we have with the game is the steep hardware requirements. You'll need a beefy video card: the minimum is a GeForce FX 5700 or a Radeon 8500. If you don't have the proper card, or the proper driver, the game dumps you unceremoniously to desktop without as much as an error message. We've got machines here at GameSpy with GeForce Ti 4600s that are capable of running Half-Life 2 or DOOM 3 with solid framerates, but Battlefield 2 won't even run on these systems. It seems that a huge audience could find themselves shut out of this game, which is a shame; if you've been looking for a good excuse to pick up a new video card, this might be it.

comments:(the game wont run on game spy game testing pcs !) so what do u expect from the ordinary peapol????

i was just reading a post at emp forum about a guy who think emp is running slow on his pc and belive it or not he got an 11 mb vga (hahaa i got more memory on my mobile vedio chip)...

i mean its way too far to ask for a preformance geforce 5700fx 256mb as minimum...

even 256k adsl is a jock as a connection i keep getting the connection lag screen with the 16 players demo map!!

peapol out there are making a mess with this game . i see the players disconnecting line  evrey 5 secound of the game... and the ping punisher kicking line every 3 (just befor i get kicked my self)

99%  of the peapol arnt ready for the gunwounding  electronical  monsters.. or the erjinical  wisdom.. or the scarcology  abilityes in the world of computers..

most of users  are just normal (non ritch) peapol or even younger guys who take money from there parents, and trying to have some good time, we dont have 1000$ of cach, or enough Elearning to face up with this nasa project(bf2).

i admit the game is 100% perfect.. but haw many peapol in the 5000000 on line players have perfect pc?  i think less than 3% and the rest are laggers.. so even if you are ritch enough to playe

bf2..  i am sure that the rest of the players in the server will playe a good role in slowing u down and making ure monster pc lag as well... just befor they get disconnected..then other laggers will hop in. i know this is a long post but i am angree . i belive i should have been at least able to playe this game at minimum settings with my new 1000$ cost system.. but the truth is i cant.

even if i could my 256k adsl is not good enough to join the servers i want to playe in, with the peapol i know..

my (16 players map  demo) game usaly end after few secounds with a ping kicker or a crach to desktop.

so i will sadly dump this game..or maybe i will use the 50$ nessaery to buy this game to replace the 5200fx  vga that this game wont accept.

Guess what? I find myself waiting for as long as 15 minutes on occasion for either of the 2 Singaporean servers to have space for me to join. They are full most of the time. The problem is not always with your connection. Playing with others can often be very stable, and sometimes it's not. It depends on your location. I can try joining a game scar is in, only to get kicked out in less than a minute. Guess what? He's almost at the other side of the planet! I'm better off sticking with Singaporean servers, or joining a server to compromise (the server on which I first played with erjin and scar seemed good. It's a compromise made by all 3 parties, each from a different location altogether).

However, 256 IS too slow, heck, it's not even a decent connection for online gaming these days. Perhaps it's fine for Emperor. But for things like Warcraft III or even Counterstrike, I fear not, especially if you intend to play with people from other countries as well.

As for the hardware problems, it really depends. I'm happy with Low settings right now. It looks marvellous on that, and having upgraded my RAM from 512Mb to 1 gig, it has helped a lot in reducing the lock-ups that I experience at the start of every game. Heck, I HAVEN'T experienced a lock-up since doubling my RAM, yet get it every game in the first 5 minutes of it (lock-ups rarely happen after that). See the improvement 512mb RAM can make? And 512mb is quite cheap, and is useful if you intend to wait for graphic card prices to drop. My game hasn't crashed either, except for once when it screwed up my resolution and colours (but it happened just once anyway, and was probably due to a memory conflict for that matter).

True, you might not get the best out of the game with budget systems, but you can definitely play even 32-player maps with it. It might be harder to play 64-player maps with it, but if you are mainly support classes, like Medics, you can fight less and yet score much. I once hit more than 25 points in one game, yet killing only two players in that round. Why? I healed numerous players, and revived many too. My teamwork score was grossly high that round. I was proud of myself for sure :)

Thus, the problem isn't as bad as you'd described it, deatHand.

Edit: On another note, during that best round of mine, I was actually on Wake Island 2007, which is a 64-player map. Who says you can't enjoy the game? ;)

well gunner its that bad for me, reasons are:

1_ i dont want the 32players map (u cant fly f15 on those man) its like you have emp but u cant playe on fisher.. u see? i know my system will playe it with better vga but the probem is i dont want the compromise gunner i want first seat or nothing.all servers, all maps,

2_ in egypt there is no servers for bf2

3_ i just bought my pc and its crazy to sell the brand new chipsets i have and replace them with others

4_ it will cost me 3 times the subscribtion to get a faster adsl speed .

so the problem is as big as you look at it gunner.. i was just talking about my self..i mean i was just scared looking at gunwound system ( no anvey offcorce gongrats to him) but.....  :O

1.) Numerous maps have aircraft of all sorts. I don't know which is the F15, but heck, if you get the retail version, some 16-player maps have aircraft too, though I'm not sure about the jets part. 32-player maps DO have aircraft. Lots of them do. Try Operation Clean Sweep (retail) or even Gulf of Oman!

3.) It doesn't mean you can't upgrade it in future.