D2TM - Progress screenshots

stefanhendriks

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Since i am able to code a bit again, here ya go with a little update:

- mission briefings are editable.

they are little text files: (see one included)

SCENA1.TXT

SCEN Atreides MISSION

Basicly this means , 22 missions = 22 briefings. (scena001.ini corrosponds with scena1.txt).

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, since i got it working 'hard coded', i have now added features to make campaigns editable through several ini files. There are some rules though, ie, you must have 3 options for each mission, except for mission 8 (2 options) and mission 9 (1 option).

Except for that, you can create any campaign you like, add text, just like dune 2.

So, since D2TM is a clone, it will contain the original dune 2 campaigns...

The strategy map evolves after each mission, so i took a screenshot of each mission, you don't see the animations in it though.

Some features added are also:

- hold mouse button to speed up the animations (conquered areas)

- F2 = WIN MISSION KEY. Ie, it will destroy the enemy, or give you the needed quota to win the mission ;)

I hope those who wanted to give the mission briefings will deliver something soon, so i can tie things up together. I really appreciate their work for this, as i can't play DUNE 2 and code at the same time. So big thanks there!

In the mean time, i have temp briefings, short but to the point: "GOAL: Destroy enemy" ;)

UI updates.

I've not done the icons yet - I don't know if you added the text and pictures by hand, but if you managed to get a programme to put them together for you, I've included a base model for icons that you can use, which should work as per MrFlibble's base.

Small progress counter with 32/33 stages, rotating around the interior part of the icon only.

Incidentally, rather than the messy upgrade button, would it be possible to create extra icons for such as the 4-slab, with the text altered to "Upgrade". The player could then upgrade with that icon, thus making the cost and resulting options more transparent.

e.g. a new WOR would give two icons: A Heavy Trooper with text "Trooper", and a squad of Heavy Troopers with text "Upgrade". Clicking on the latter will invest money in the upgrad, work through the progress clock, then replace the icon with a squad of Heavy Troopers with text "Troopers".

instead of replacing trooper with troopers, i'd say add the icon. But apart from that its a nice idea. I'll think about.

D2TM already uses such a progress counter? I think only not 32 frames. Will surely make it more fluid so its only a matter of adding frames...

(double checks...)

yes, the counter i have now in th egame is 16 frames. So your addition will make it 'double fluid' ;)

Yes, that's what I'm saying. You'd build it and have two icons in the column, then you'd click the latter (labelled upgrade), and you'd end up with two icons (the former being trooper, which was there all along, the latter being a squad where the ubgrade buttion was).

i did not do the upgrade stuff yet; i think the letters should be red to make it more clear that they should be upgraded though, perhaps even a different color around the icon?

Anyway , this screenshot shows new features (icon change on hovering), the new UI gfx etc.

Ow, btw, i forgot to tell i also use grey icons (on the sidebar) when they are not clickable, i had to compose them myself, but it was no problem ;)

[attachment deleted by Gobalopper]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...