Dune Legacy Problems

TilliVanilli

Hi, this topic is for Lagency problems!

I get a problem in higher levels with the gamespeed (more units -> strong laggs)

My PC works on Windows Millenium Edition

DirectX v9 installed

Solution at Legacy 800x600

Can somebody help me to fix that problem?

(sorry for my bad english)

P.S.: Is there still a language pack in german (graphics, text and sound)?!? Does somebody work on it?!?

Very good project!! Dune2 is the best RTS Game ever!!!

P.S.: Is there still a language pack in german (graphics, text and sound)?!? Does somebody work on it?!?

Hm, I'll think about it. Occasionally, I know German a bit, and I've got the original Dune 2 files in German as well. The basic problem is that most text of menu items is graphical, wich means it must be completely redrawn. While the games that are from the beginning intended to be translated into other languages have slack space in text areas such as menu buttons, DL menu was designed (partially by me) to be more compact rather than more 'slackish'. However, if I manage to compile a complete font for German from what the German version of Dune 2 has, I'll be able to translate the text I think. Otherwise most German text won't fit as it is longer, i.e.:

Save -> Speichern

Cancel -> Abbrechen

...etc.

P.S. Maybe you'll consult me on some points, TilliVanilli. For instance, can you say 'Neues Spiel' for 'New Game', or should it be 'Neues Spiel Starten'?

i started a .txt of german translation

the menu is easy, but for the dialog and the german sound files i cant find my german dune2 game :(

at the german version there is only one speaker (english three)

how can i open the sound.pak?!? to get the sound files!?!

p.s. 'Neues Spiel' is better for 'New Game'

'Neues Spiel starten' is for 'Start new game'

how can i open the sound.pak?!? to get the sound files!?!

Try XCC Mixer (downloadable from XCC Utilities Page.

'Neues Spiel starten' is for 'Start new game'

Yep, right. I thought of German RA1 version I downloaded once from the net, but now I remember that 'Neues Spiel Starten' was translation for 'Start New Game', not just 'New Game' :) As a non-native German speaker who also lacks practice (well, 'speaker' is a bit too much said), I cannot estimate whether German syntax allows this or that particular word-combintaion.