greetings from planet mars

spekkio

hello all...

im new here, but ive visited the site a lot looking for dune online players

its nice to know there is still people playing even though this game is like 4 years old now (it is right?)

im kinda having trouble logging in to the RA server...

and emperor looks like it "hanged up" when i click on chat so i have to shut it down off using the task mgr

got no prob in WOL though... and ive followed the instructions on the sticky post too

does the 'test' button work on the XWISC program? coz it also hangs up... dunno why

anyway, cheers to everyone

long live dune

Hi spekkio. You said you have no problem on WoL, I mean, did you already play online in WoL?

If you did then it should be very easy to change from WoL to ra server. How often do you play in WoL and what is your in-game nick?

Try this out.

http://dune2k.com/forum/index.php?topic=15757.0

And this.

http://dune2k.com/forum/index.php?topic=15876.0

If the prob still persists then find me on msn at:

mcdid@msn.com

and i'll try and help you out. 8)

thanks for the warm welcome =)

Nuvollari

i tried disabling the windows firewall but still no luck x_x yep ive already made an account in WOL :)

Madenod

yup i have no problem logging in WOL... but i did'nt get to play any games cause no ones there x_x just me and that empbot - ive tried both links you game me but still doesnt work.. my in-game nick is 'iospek', just spekkio scrambled, cause someone already registered the name..=D i added you to my msn already, if you're wondering who 'dummymael' is, thats me

anyway, i can now log in to the server BUT when i get to chat i get time outs... i guess its my connection, but i dont get that problem with WOL

really looking forward to playing some games... just got the game too so haven't really played online

bought it from a local store - got really lucky cause it was the last copy and the price is too tempting for a very good rts game hehe - been a fan of the game since dune 2 lol

thanks again mates

hey spekkio

as for the 'chat' room in ra's server ,uhh i dont actually think anyone uses it although i have had problems with entering,then clicking back, it times out or hangs...sometimes it works, most times it doesnt

i wouldnt bother using it, however if you click on the buddy list it will display all players currently online,

dont try to modify it though it could cause a crash as ra's notes point out (that gives me ideas }:>

eid

thanks a lot for that info - now that really makes sense hehehe - yea i also get that hang up when i click back from chat

Madenod

really? i dunno yet... still trying though - i did get to log in already, maybe i can play already? dont see any hosted games though x_x

Hey Spekkio,

The server doesn't currently support the chat lobby so that's why it's locking up when you try to go there.  None of us use that so it's just something I've never spent time coding support for.  You can still chat in game and in the game lobby but the chat room is just not supported.

Glad to have you join us,

RA

DelugeD

yeah, learn from experience... :) been playing the campaign for awhile for now till i get a descent internet connection next week hopefully, online just sucked

and the ai in skirmish is kinda sucky if you do early game rush lol

RA1024

yeah, thanks a lot for that info... :) from now on im staying away from that chat button lol

glad to be here too