DOOM the movie...

Nuvollari

Well, stupid and simple things are fun, so why not make a stupid and simple film where the only audio info is of the guns bursting bullets and monsters screaming. Eventually some "Oh, fuck" line of the main character. I mean the main character could have his face covered as in the original DOOM with a helmet. We don't need him to look like anything as long as it shoots.

Hell, they could fill up 1 and a half hours with a machine gun shooting continuosly and some weird noises to keep you awake.

Sorry if I'm trashing this project but it's the most isiotic thing I've ever heard. I mean it's a mouve made after DOOM. Come on! I mean a mouvie made after Half-Life could work... The Longest Journey... there are so many games with feeling and stories... but they chose DOOM. I loved to play DOOM... but this is plain stupid.

I actually enjoyed Doom quite a bit. I think the action was awesome and I really liked the part when it turned into first person mode and it was just like the game. That was some cool stuff......

I would recomend seeing it, the storyline is weak but who in the right mind would go to see Doom and expect anything more than just loads and loads of hardcore violence.  :)

I watched The Brothers Grimm today. Surprisingly my friend who picked the movie didn't even know it would be about fairy tales, instead expecting it to be some generic fantasy tale.

Twas worth the money, nothing special though.

PS: Doom sounds like a piece of shit.

Just saw Doom and I must say, hollywood should be *****-slapped for making such total crap. I watched it even knowing in advance it was gonna be pretty much an action film at best, but even the action scenes and first-person view action parts sucked. I would suggest watching the Doom-3 website game trailer, it's way more entertaining.

This is the most exciting, and well spent, enjoyable part of the whole entire movie.... popcorn25.jpg

"Doom tries to bring something new to film by adding a sequence of first person shooter style action shots. After powering up on genetic Mountain Dew, our hero goes berserk and a raaaaaaawring killing spree ensues. Camera turns, thing jumps out, thing gets blasted, repeat. I get the feeling they wanted us gamers to relate to this and go "YEAAAAAAHHHH!" but it's just not that exciting to watch and ends up looking like a haunted house scene with better graphics. Everyone I talked to seem to agree it was extraneous fluff that didn't do anything for the film. Oh well, at least there weren't any monster closets."

In a nutshell for me anyway, highlights were sarg getting a boner when he finds the BFG, and about what 4 minutes of really crappy FP view scenes at the end.