Have you ever seen this horror ?

Schorpie

Different yes. Inferior no. To judge something as inferior is to apply an arbitary value and scale.

We have our rights advertised, animals don't. We can have clothes made from animals' skin, animals cannot. I could go on forever but I think you get the idea. We 're superior.

Superior in what way exactly? As I said, to make such a judgement is arbitary, and depends upon a scale that does not truly exist.

The gun has already fired. What will you do with the hand now? Go on to create more, and to destroy more. That is the way of things. You cannot cut off the arm. You may hate it and attempt to ignore it but it will always be there. This is perhaps the most galling aspect.

I think you see it for yourself. Humanity will always be there no matter how much you hate it. You can however try to create more than you destroy.

We can herd other species, breed other species, educate other species, control other speciedes, kill other species, maim other species, use and abuse other species... And we can do all of these things to our own. Humans are not superior, they are merely in control. This control has come through virtue of an evolutionary mishap. To claim that this indicates superiority is, once again, to apply a scale that does not exist. Humans are inferior to one or another other species when measured by weight, height, reflexes, body mass, strength, speed, longevity, resilience, adaptability, defencibility... The only true category where humans might be judged 'superior' is intellience. And even that is a maybe. I would be more inclined to call it 'ingenuity.' One can argue on the exact definition and application of 'intelligence' to infinity, but it is indisputable that the human species is by far the most creative and destructive organism on the planet.

Whether this makes us 'superior' is open to debate.

There will never be more creation than destruction. One inevitably leads to the other, in a neverending loop.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow....this is a great thread

Evolution from animal cruelty to... this.

Dante, your idea of superiority seems to be that of a philosophical/ideal one. Look at the practical aspects. Who has the guns to shoot down antelopes? The human intelligence is what gives us the upper hand. You can just call it control, but who else but the superior one has the control?

Can something that is genuinely inferior control something else?

Directed at thge previous question, not the EA one... How am I supposed to answer that when, as I said, inferiority and superiority are subjective concepts? There is no 'genuinely' inferior, unless you apply a specific value. Eg, "Something that is bigger is superior/something that is faster is superior/something that is greener is inferior." Guns don't equate to superiority, they equate to the ability to destroy things. Wow, back we are at destruction.