Diffrant keyboard layout

sneezer3

I think it's a matter of conditioning. It's about as easy to learn one layout as another.

Not really. You can learn one method as well as the other, but if the first method is less effective (aka the needed keys are further away) than the second, that doesn't change the fact your fingers have to move further, thus slowing you down.

if the keys are closer together you might use one finger. . else two. I don't see how that would make you type any faster if the way you type is adaped to the keyboard you use. I probably can type h-p faster after each other then I can with h-u yet they are closer together.

The thing about it is, most of the time your typeing near one row. The most critical keys are always closest, such as vowels. I read its actully easier to learn Dvorak than Qwerty, simpley because the letters are arranged better

for the typist.

A friend of me uses the dvorak keyboard for quite a while. He learned to type blinded, so he just uses the qwerty-keyboard and dvorak settings. He is always quite amused when people (including me) try to type on his keyboard.

Anyway, dvorak seems to be proven to be more efficient then qwerty. So for the quick typers among us it could be a interesting thing. But for all us apes seeking every key before we type it, it wouldn't matter that much.

"Anyway, dvorak seems to be proven to be more efficient then qwerty. So for the quick typers among us it could be a interesting thing. But for all us apes seeking every key before we type it, it wouldn't matter that much."

Actually, it all kinda adds up. i am just getting started, and 

it takes a while to adjust. I used a black marker to write on my keybor and am havinf to hunt keys as I type even now.

The truth is, I never leared to to type properly. Im an old pecker from way back.