Do you play any instruments?

Mihail

Damn, Timenn, you must be old :D

Just kidding with you. I've just started, although I've had the guitar for over a year now, my parents just didn't help me find a normal teacher. :P

Of course, a year of random strumming and picking the strings HARD isn't going to make the condition of the strings any better. Yesterday a string broke and left a nice deep gash on my nose. :P

Anyway, I've been learning the basic chords, tuning, the notes, and basic stuff like that. However, my learning of the note places is going horrendously. For example, if you ask me where Do is on the 6th string is(If there even is a Do on the 6th string) I wouldn't be able to tell you at all. I just don't seem to get something, but I'm trying to improve. ;)

However, the chords and tuning is going pretty good. I can play G,C,F,E,A(and their variations) and some other chords pretty well.

Damn, I love sounding like I actually know something.  :P

Used to, heh, 'play' the violin. I was really very bad at it. Can play one or two simple pieces on the piano, maybe three notes on the recorder, and just about any damned thing on the ocarina, provided you give me time to 'translate' it. Yeah, I love listening to music but when it comes to creating I just don't have it.

I play tuba, this makes my 6th year as a tuba player and I am currently low brass co-section leader at Deland High School.  Prior to that I spent two years on mallet percussion (eg, marimba, xylophone, etc.) and drum kit.  I also play trombone, but only on about a freshman level, and by extension could play baritone fairly well, although I don't very often.

Oh yeah, and I own an acoustic guitar, but have no idea how to play it. :P

play the piano but started out on the organ, got bored tried the piano and went on with that, still play organ ones in a while though

I am active as a pianist and a organist in my church evry now and again so I'm still practicing

I play bass clarinet (and clarinet, but bass is so much cooler). It's a bad-ass instrument!

I like the cut of your jib sir...

I tool had the fortune of lugging around that heavy arse case myself in high school. Through out most of middle school I played the clarinet.

Also in HS I had an acoustic and a twelve string acoustic (both Yamaha). I loved the classical rock sound it gave off. After I graduated I had given up the woodwinds instruments and just fiddled around with the strings. :D Traded in my acoustics for an electric and bass.

Damn, Timenn, you must be old :D

Don't remind me...

Just kidding with you. I've just started, although I've had the guitar for over a year now, my parents just didn't help me find a normal teacher. :P

Of course, a year of random strumming and picking the strings HARD isn't going to make the condition of the strings any better. Yesterday a string broke and left a nice deep gash on my nose. :P

Believe me, one day you will value your guitar more then your nose. I have a little cut in the body of my guitar, caused by a broken string. And I wish the string would have cut my nose instead... ;)

Hang on to your lessons if you have a good teacher. The fun increases with every new year you kept playing.

Well I have the Electrical Bass guitar for main Instrument,I do play a little guitar,synthezisers,midi pedals and well many other things.... ::)

My gear is as follow:

BASS

1.Richenbacker 1974,black and white

1.yamaha fretless bass

1.BC RICH customized(have changed the mics into Active EMG percussion and jazz mics).

1.MARSHALL 100w JCM 800 series bass head.(Amplifier)

1.LONDON CITY MK IV 100w Bass head.(Amplifier)

1.LINE 6 Bass POD(Bass amp modeller,direct box+effects).

1.MARSHALL 100w JCM 800 Bass series cabinett with 4 12" ,set up in stereo line down

GUITARS

1.STAGG electrical guitar.

1.TERADA 12 strings acoustic guitar.

1.No name Acoustic guitar.

1.ROLAND cube 40w amplifier.

1.Juno 8 Syntheziser.

1.Yamaha FB-01 Synth box.

1.Korg MPK-130 Midi pedal keyboard.

For the time being I try to make some electronical music, so I do play the PC too :O

Cybo

i agree bass is sexy... always fancy the bassists....

particularly nick oliveri...

anyway, back to the question... i play guitar, bass, clarinet. 

i would love to be the cool bassist at the back.  or the cool bassist at the front.  i just want to be a cool bassist.