Dune 7 (guessing on what is going to happen)

The Spac

Isn't it obvious that the thinking machine's will be the ones returning, maybe FH could have written it without having to write prequels. It's been a few years since I read chapter house but wouldn't the faceless ones I think they were called be machines, since obviously machines don't have faces? Machines seem to be the only thing that has ever scared people so much in the dune universe isn't it? What could be worse then them?

I'm re-reading Heretics now, and from that and the prequels, I'm guessing that Waff will ally with the machines (the proto-Tleilaxu allying with them in the Jihad-trilogy doesn't seem coincidence to me anymore). And with him, the genetic material of every character to grace the Dune books. Fun for the whole family!

The Thinking Machines according to the six books (and in particular to GEOD) are definetively out of the games, thanks to Siona and her blood (quoting : "Dont't fear Ixians. They will do machines, but they will not be able to do Arafel" Leto II).

The real fear in the seventh book probably (and logically) could be the new face dancer race.

I think it's pretty obvious from Chapterhouse that the threat is from advanced forms of Face Dancers. Mules no more, independent of Masters, with new powers.

But, of course, that probably doesn't matter to Brian & Kevin. I'm afraid it will probably will be something to do with Ominus. I, also, wouldn't be surprised if they did something terrible with that capsule imbedded in Scytale's chest. Oh, the horror!

What I'm interested (scared?) in seeing is how they deal with the legacy of Murbella. What is this union of Honored Matre & Bene Gesserit going to be like?

Personally, I think the original six are totally about the Bene Gesserit, so I would like to see this new BG take a prominent role in the new books. But I'm sure I will be disapointed. Oh, well.

dissapointment will always be a possibilety but, as I stated in a nother thread the threath the navigator in the 3th house bokk saw was old and new, so maybe some new machines or evolved? (facedancers are also a possebillety)

also there is always the slight chance they woulkd come up with something very new...

but we will be dissapoitet if it is only because the dune journey has finnaly come to an end (or will it?....)

Again, I'm not defending them, but KJA/BH are going off of a *detailed* outline for Dune 7 left by Frank Herbert. Whoever is the "mystery threat" is simply what Frank intended and outlined in Dune 7.

I totally forgot about the deposit box notes. As much as it seems, to me, that the enemies "out there" (that the BG need the power of the HM to fight) are obvious in Chapterhouse... I would have to go with what is in the notes.

Thanks for the reminder.

but we will be dissapoitet if it is only because the dune journey has finnaly come to an end (or will it?....)

Sorry, Arutha, but the Dune journey came to an end for me with Chapterhouse. The only BH&JKA Dune stuff I have read is the Legends of Dune series, and The Road to Dune. I was very dissapointed.

I think it is because I love Frank Herbert, Philosopher. Brian simply does not have the philosophic mind that his father had.

But, I will still buy 7 & 8 (in paperback, or used), and I will probably enjoy them on some level.

I know what you mean but what I intended is that the big question we are discussing here will be answerd in a year (or two) and then where would we go. I fear that the discussion wo'n't be the same as the story will have his ending.

I know it will be what KJA and BH write and we probebly will never know how much influence the notes had of there story... but still it will be sad.

I liked the first books better, at the time I am re-reading heretics and it still sets me thinking, with KJA/BH there is less fylosophy and more action, everything is explained and nothing is really left to our own interpetation.

maybe frank wanted us to debate on it, because then we would think for ourselfes and we all know what happens if we don't think for ourselfs...

I know it will be what KJA and BH write and we probebly will never know how much influence the notes had of there story...

Again, it's not just "notes" scribbled down they can do with what they please -- it's a detailed outline.

Refer to this quote, for one : "Frank Herbert left a detailed and expansive outline for 'Dune 7'" in the official FAQ on www.dunenovels.com here : http://www.dunenovels.com/FAQ.html

It's been awhile since I have read them , but isn't there a part in one of the prequals where ominus sends out a bunch of copies of himself into the universe? Could this be where the final books are heading? Will Ominus make a comeback? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, in the Butlerian Jihad. When the machines conquered Giedi Prime, the Omnius installed there concluded that spreading himself throughout the universe would be kinda neat, so he launched projectiles into space that contained a copy of him and the necessary equipment to build a new colony. Before he could tell this to any other Omnius copy, however, the planet was recaptured by the League of Nobles.

Then we have the Corrin-Omnius that transmitted a copy of himself into space, hoping to picked up by whoever may be listening. Maybe the copies of the first will pick up a copy from the second, or something.

Just finished chapterhouse half an hour ago for the first time.

[hide]Near the end they send out the smugglers spacecraft and the pilot is a cyborg, the Reverend Mothers were amazed but upon inspection the honoured matres appeared not to be.

It is a long shot though, in first instance I would go for the Face Dancer Prodigies.[/hide]

Thanks Andrew.

[hide]Near the end of Chapterhouse there are a lot of references to the smugglers craft.

The Bene Geserit recognizes it and judges its interior, so do the Honoured Matres.

Now this is a very long shot but Gurney Halleck has always been known for his relations to smugglers, and it is probable that the capsule in Scytale's chest also holds the cells from Gurney, and considering all the Duncan Idaho experiments I think that the Tleilaxu have also grown Gurney gholas.

The Cyborg's features were never revealed either, kinda suspicious.

[/hide]

What do you mean by 'features never revealed'?

[hide]It is said that the cyborg is Clairby, a revived pilot from the Bene Gesserit employ. They had to restore him as a cyborg, as their resources were limited in the war with Honored Matres. He sacrificed his life again, then, just before Junction was attacked by Teg's forces.[/hide]

Maybe some minor factual mistakes here, I didn't check the book right now.

What do you mean by 'features never revealed'?

[hide]It is said that the cyborg is Clairby, a revived pilot from the Bene Gesserit employ. They had to restore him as a cyborg, as their resources were limited in the war with Honored Matres. He sacrificed his life again, then, just before Junction was attacked by Teg's forces.[/hide]

Maybe some minor factual mistakes here, I didn't check the book right now.

[hide]

I ment his facial features.

But this is probably just my fantasy though, still it struck me that the crafts smuggler origins were mentioned at least twice. [/hide]

Smugglers hadn't been mentioned for a while.