World of warcraft

Dominator

who was unhealthily pale, so much that he wore sunblock to school in the summer months(And it wasn't because he was gentically pale; I saw his parents once and they were quite brown, it was from sitting at home all day long)

Why the hell did he wear sun block to school?

That, and that alone is why he was pale. His personal status as nerd had little to do with it. Not going much out keeps you from getting tan, but it takes very little sun to make your skin look normal. Why do people think nerds are so pale? I think paleness, in the extreme cases, mostly comes from your genes (and in your example, from over use of sun block).

Clemenza... gaming isnt just about COMPUTERS..... i regularly have friends over to my house and we hook up two TVs (one 60 inch and one 36 inch)and we play battles on HALO 2 (or whatever other game) with two consoles.  We have fun, Drink beer, eat chips, talk about sports or our day at work, etc.

I also have friends who dont live near me... they live in other states or in other countries (some on this forum)..... i communicate with them via Teamspeak and with online gaming (such as EVE, Emperor, BF2, or various other games).

I also have friends that i go outside and do "outside" stuff with.  But to be honest.... watching a movie.... or going to the beach, or whatever.... just isnt as fun or exciting as digital electronic entertainment.  Also i am married ... so i am not "alone" like some young person such as yourself.  MY wife is one of my best friends and so i can game inside all summer and still have companionship.  I guess the problem is that I live in a totally different world from you and so your comparisons dont match up to mine because we are on two different levels.

But that doesnt change the fact that you are making generalizations and excuses for your pirating... but it all comes down to the fact that you pirate cuz its cheaper to game when you are a pirate.  I personally like to support the gaming industry becuz i feel they deserve to make money for a good product.  If you dont think the game is worth playing... then dont buy it or dont play it.  If you really want the game... dish out the dough for it and support the poor computer programmer trying to make ends meet on 40k a year.

Think about it.... if more people had bought the Emperor game .... there would have been more incentive for the Westwood programmers to make an Emperor 2  ro something else really nice.  Instead they had to sell out to EA .....and as a result Westwood which was a great company died.... and now the westwood programmers are reduced to working on some shitty Star wars game.

Makes Chuck Norris want to cry. Too bad thats impossible.

Yours Truly,

Chuck Norris

• 1 month later...

What, did you think I would be playing for 6 months?  ::) :P

I just quit WoW, after having played it for almost 2 years. And I've been paying $15.00 every month, and loving it. I'm probably not getting the expansion as my sights are set on the beast they call: VG: SoH.

I just quit WoW, after having played it for almost 2 years. And I've been paying $15.00 every month, and loving it. I'm probably not getting the expansion as my sights are set on the beast they call: VG: SoH.

Like Rebirth here i also quit WoW after playing it for about 8 months.  I had my reasons and i posted them in the V:SoH Thread.

But i like the Genre and i am also awaiting another MMORPG , im waiting for WARHAMMER:Online

private server  ;)

I lol'd.

Having played the real WoW for about 2 years, then playing on a private server and getting to level 200 in about a day, then playing a 'blizzard-like' private server, its safe to say private servers lack what majorly makes up WoW: community, population, and ..people. Even though alot of WoW is chalk-full of immature people, that immature person is the one you just killed while roaming around Searing Gorge.

• 1 year later...

lol i never noticed there was a wow thread lol i remember makign a comment about it a while ago, and in a bad way lol saying i would never pay $15 a month just to play a game after buying it, well here i am, with a lvl 68 dwarven pally, 39 draenei mage, and numerous other toons lol this game you need to play till lvl 30 b4 you really start seeing the content i think 1-10 is amost irritating and basic, but after that it starts to improve, you really learn this when you start a new character lol but anyways i reccomend just DLing the trial, and playing it for a while, 1-10 you should be able to do in an hour, and just keep going. believe me it gets even better lol

Realm - Muradin

Bubblemeplz 68 dwarven pally

Esquared 39 draenei mage

Staub 23 nightelf hunter

exbubblebank 1 human lock (bank alt)

I commented about WoW on the overrated games forum.  At that time I had never gotten a character past like level 12 ish.  That was a night elf druid in 2005.  Well.........I have a 59 BE rogue now...........

(you wowers can do the math, if you know when i commented on the overrated games forum.)

Fun game. most addictive part is the interaction via real peeps playing the game especially if you have a good guild, although the leveling/gearing up is addictive in the sense of accomplishment.  PvP battles ground bring out the animal in me that I first discovered playing goldeneye on N64....then Perfect Dark......then Halo 1/2, then SSBM.

Well, I stopped playing for now.  might pick it back up in the summertime. For now must do school.

and as far as friends alienating you if you play too much. ya, that's not a joke. real life first. then wow, maybe.

• 1 month later...

I just read the funny short story in the April edition of Fantasy and Science Fiction that touches on  WoW here is the story:

Render unto Caesar By Kevin N. Haw

Booming virtual economies in online worlds such as Second Life andWorld of Warcraft have drawn the attention of a U.S. congressional committee, which is investigating how virtual assets and incomes should be taxed.

yea, wow takes a lot of time, as i found out the hard way this semester.  then i discovered the magic of private servers :-X  If you just want to have a little PVP fun then you should try a private server.  Some of them even start you out at LV 80 plus T6 and S3 gear. lol.  but I wouldn't recommend private servers for all.  there are several incompetent mindless trade spammers on those servers, not to mention terrible lag, but besides that it can be fun.