Bullying: IT'S NOT NORMAL

Umma Kynes

It only happens because the victim is meek, timid and didn't dare stand up for himself/herself when being oppressed. I was bullied really badly during my first three years in school(to the extent of extortion) and I was really miserable, hating to even step into school. After hearing that someone thinks that bullying is normal... BLOODY HELL, NO IT ISN'T NORMAL. Well maybe my teachers thought it was normal then and that's why they didn't take any action when I complained to them. >:(

Now when I think back, I wonder why I didn't dare stand up for myself. I feel stupid.

'Normal' does not equate to 'socially acceptable.' Of course bullying is normal. It happens in every country, in almost every school. So much so that a school where there are no bullies is considered exceptional, rather than ordinary. And indeed if one endures the bullying, it can be seen as a rite of passage. Proof of integrity. Of course that would require the bullying to end...

Maybe becuase there were more then 1 of them and there wasnt more then 1 of you. Simple maths, the kind school would have taught you by that age, will tell you its less painful if you keep quiet and take the bullying like a nice boy.

I endured the bullying for the first five months and kept quiet but it got to such a disturbing extent that I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't imagine that an 8-year old boy could behave like a grown-up gangster! His parents must be pretty fucked up as they failed the simple duty of guiding him down the right path in life. I heard that the bully behaves like an angel when in his parents' presence - Well what do you expect, his family was a rich one(which means that his purpose of trying to extort money from me was not for the money but just to make me miserable) and he was so pampered. What a fucker!

It is true I looked a bit of a weakling, one that looks easily bullied. I didn't have many friends back then and once I had gained more acquaintances, I didn't get bullied anymore. I was only bullied during my first three school years and I really want to forget about it but I can't. >:( I didn't understand why he picked on me and just me. I remember that for a week during my second school year the bully constantly spat on my table and he would keep bugging me. Imagine that - an 8-year old kid doing that!

Well, I guess it is time for me to move on from that period in my life and look to the future.

To me children-world seems pretty much like a less perfectioned and polished version of adult-world.

Bullying is injustice in many forms, the same found with adults (albeit in different ways). Now, the argument of many is that one needs to get use to injustice and go on, not just cry. The world wont be perfect tommorrow, and one needs to be able to manage its imperfection.

The problem is... some carry this further to say that it means any injustice is in fact to be cared of the individual. Erm... may we try this in adult-world too?

Some might have some old "friends" to pay a visit to ;D j/k