Dune 3000

mechadragon

Guest Acumen

My opinion is that Prima have simply made a typo or some kind of publication error. There is nothing mentioned on the page that cannot already be found in Dune 2000, and if a Dune sequel truly existed, they would surely (or at least, hopefully) have more features to harp on about than "new high-resolution graphics" and a "Command and Conquer-style interface." This was clearly constructed from the "advanced features" of Dune 2000.

Of course, I could be proved wrong, but that's my interpretation.

But as for titles, Dune 3/3000 doesn't do it for me either. That's why I gave Melange a completely separate name. If anything it's predecessor is Dune 2000 (at least that's the history that it's built upon), which is a title that doesn't really encourage sequels.

Besides, it's not exactly logical to continue a numerical thread for the Dune games. The first Dune game was *very* different in structure from its descendants, made by a different company, and operating outside of the more "anonymous" storyline of Dune 2/2000. True, this decision to link the two by title was made before the RTS genre was established, but I think a more distinct fresh title for the franchise needs to be established.

Guest needhelp

The name just doesn't work. It should be a little more creative not just change the number and not just throw in a modifieded Tiberian Sun engine. Westwood should make the game interesting and enjoyable. I'm really looking forward to this game.

Hmmm... I don't think Prima made a typo. After all, Westwood registered Dune3000.com and Dune3000.org . I think Prima doesn't really know anything about dune3k yet, (except that WW is working on it) and that explains their article. As for the name, I don't care.

Well, I dont really care too much for the name, The thing i care for most is the updates to the game! I have many ideas for the new version of Dune to be released. For example, have a more developed game (LONGER, HARDER MISSIONS), Have Hospitals for troops, Have advanced Carryalls(Can carry a certain weight or amount of units.), have Air-To-Air combat units, A more Realistic game (Here's something to think about, on Dune 2000, a single gun Troop can damage a Tank, But In real life, What chance does a Single troop have against a tank?), Snipers!!!, these would improve gameplay (my opinon) because you could have longer more Strategic Missions, How about some different Units (like SAM launchers, WATER UNITS-submarines, battleships, etc.). I would like to send these upgrades to Westwood, but WHEN THE HELL DO THEY LISTEN? When i sent my opinon to them, i got an automated response, I don't think they Care.!

yeah... you may not have noticed but Dune is a desert planet with no precipitation... but I'm with you otherwise. I say keep it an RTS though!!! render the unis in 3D and be able to get different perspectives on the battlefied (i.e. moveable camera) terrain should be important and more relation to the spice besides mining it for money!!! And make the Fremen their own side with thier own style!!!

One more thing... yes... a single troop can damage a tank in real life. It taks forever with a machine gun and you will most likely get squished butit is possible, but one man with a LAW (anti-tank rocket) can destroy a tank easier in real life than they can in the game, so don't whine when my infantry over runs your Devastator because in real life it would have been easier!!!

Water units? That's strange... maybe he ment sand-only units that act like water ones. Anyway, I'll update my site (look at my profile to get the adress - it's loooong) today with my dune2k expansion article. I guess it's obsolete now with the news of Dune 3000, but the features included there could be used in this new game, as well as in an expansion pack. I think what a new Dune game really needs are more differences between houses, controlable aircraft, heroes, 3D terrain and missions with much more objectives (like in Red Alert).

• 2 weeks later...

And aren't we forgetting to add shields and LASGUNS!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA! err.... sorry about that

But Potential game elements should include more air units, troop/unit transports, stone burners, more ground units, Fedaykin, and hero-type units like Muad-dib, Duncan idaho, Feyd Rautha (perhaps), stilgar, and such. New factions like the guild (not CHOAM), benegesserit witches, and pehaps instead of ordos, perhaps Corrino since it is actually in the books. Interstellar travel should be a part of missions and maps. and as an additional resource, water should have to be paid for units (mainly infantry) collected slowly by windtraps or captured Fremen storage tanks.

Stone Burners could remake shroud temporarily, too (for more realism)

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

SAd that its another thread that has been revived, but looking at it, its amazing how many of the features made it into emp, one way or another.

And I checked out www.dune3000.com, it points to a command&concernut page  >:(...