The cheaper Sardaukar trick

Reactor

Shikoro mentioned in his FAQ that there is a way in multiplayer games to make the Sardaukar cheaper, just like in single player. So you can purchase Sardaukars for $120 instead of $200. Here'z how y'can do it:

1: Capture the Harkonnen Hi-Tech, and the Harkonnen Barracks as normal.

2: Sell the Harkonnen Barracks.

3: Wait for the opponent to build another Barracks. Then capture that one, and keep it.

Now y'shall see the Sardaukars cost only $120.

Well...

It's probably something about the barracks. The Emperor also uses Harkonnen barracks, so if you devastate a hostile barracks and the computer rebuilds it, somehow the program confuses Practice with campaign missions. Perhaps the program also confuses the captured Harkonnen Hi-tech with the Emperor's palace (they might have the same code somewhere, I don't know, I ain't a programmer), and allows you to train Sardaukars for $120.

So this midhg be a small bug...

OR

This is a well-hidden secret feature of the game. The programmers thought if you're clever enough, y'shall discover it. And I did...  ;)

• 6 months later...

Ahh, my sweet own topic again :) I forgot to tell you some important notes.

- Sometimes (well...often) you don't even need to capture the Harkonnen Hi-tech to obtain these Sardaukars. I found out that in some cases, when the opponent actually has the Hi-tech facility when you capture the Barracks, you'll get the Sardaukars anyway. Funny,eh?  But sometimes you just have to capture the Hi-tech facility too. This strange happening also can occur at the Stealth Raiders and Grenadiers. So if y'wanna be sure that y'll get that very special weapon, don't capture the Hi-tech first, but let it in one piece until y'hear the "New construction options" message.

- Sometimes you don't even need to sell the Harkonnen Barracks. When I was playin' on Hard, I noticed that if I capture the very first Harkonnen Barracks, and don't sell it, the Sardaukars cost $150 (it's $120 in Medium skill level of course).

- As I said, the cheaper Sardaukar costs $150 in Hard skill level. It would cost $250 normally, so you actually save $100 (it's only $80 in Medium skill level).

- If you're playin' wit' Harkonnen, y'cannot use this trick of course.