Children of Dune DVD notice.

Mahdi

I recently got a cheque from bell and finally invested ina copy of Children of Dune.

I turned it on and realized it was fullscreen.

I was very pissed off.

I checked the DVD box to make sure and, yup, full screen.

I looked at the TV and saw Arrakis was an oval.

I realized what they did.

Instead of actually editing the miniseries they simply programmed the DVD to alter your DVD player settings so it streched the picture and looked full screen.

Surely enough when I reset the picture size the miniseries was in widescreen, no longer were round things oval, and Paul's head wasn't freakishly long.

I looked closer at the back of the box.

It does say full screen, but does not say edited to fit your television.

Jeezuz.

So if you bought a full screen version of CoD by mistake, it's an easy fix.

You obviously bought the wrong DVD version?

Mine is the 2 disc set that is presented in widescreen.

Purchasing CoD is no mistake...

Why would they film a made for tv series in widescreen in the first place? Most of the end users when it is aired would be seeing a chopped image if that was the case. Most people don't have HDTV.

I checked my 2-DVD set and it says it is in widescreen 16:9 format. I didn't know they made any other versions of this DVD available. There's no "Director's Cut" like there was for the pervious series.

Anyone have news of the US release of the Lynch movie with the Smithee version? I haven't heard anything about that in maybe six months...

Speaking of Children of Dune DVD, is anyone else like me and still holding out for a Director's Cut of Children of Dune in the tradition they put one out for the original Dune miniseries? I'm getting tired of waiting... I don't think they're making one.

They're not.  It was scrapped awhile back when the company got bought out.

Speaking of Children of Dune DVD, is anyone else like me and still holding out for a Director's Cut of Children of Dune in the tradition they put one out for the original Dune miniseries? I'm getting tired of waiting... I don't think they're making one.

I've been waiting, and I wasn't in a rush since I taped it one of the countless times that Space! played CoD. But if Mahdi says it's never going to happen, I'll add the current version to my list of things to buy.

I've been waiting, and I wasn't in a rush since I taped it one of the countless times that Space! played CoD. But if Mahdi says it's never going to happen, I'll add the current version to my list of things to buy.

Well, never's a long time.

Let's just say that there are no plans to release a SE.

Btw, nice to see you around Dondo.  Saw you in the Malcolm thread the other day,w as waiting to see how long befor eyou showed up here again.

Well, never's a long time.

Let's just say that there are no plans to release a SE.

Btw, nice to see you around Dondo.  Saw you in the Malcolm thread the other day,w as waiting to see how long befor eyou showed up here again.

Thanks for noticing! It's been a busy summer with very little forumming (is that a word?), but I'll be visiting a little more now. And if I waste any more money on a BH/KJA book, I'll be here to talk about it.  :P