emp player info site

Schorpie

Emperor has a small... very small but active community. And that's pretty cool, you get to know all the people after a while.

What I was thinking about, is to make a site of some info of (the emperor legends and) the people that play this game now. It's fun, and pretty easy also, because we have a small number of players (never more than about 60).

Something like:

- nickname

- real name

- picture

- nationality

- fav. house

- fav. strategy (very short)

- interests

- when he was the most active

- ... ?

this info of about 50 players, also about me and you, and put it together on 1 simple site... it would be fun to read and especially fun to watch, no ?  ;D

----------

We can put also another page on this site, something to 'honor' the legends. Maybe some sort of 'timeline', showing of each period the best player(s) and best clan(s). This is very easy to make... Only we need to discuss a bit about who n what..

This will increase the popularity of the emperor community, atleast I think it  would. And it is cool !!  :D

what u guyz think ?

Well, I think that sound like a cool idea, but it could have devastating consequences for us...........

Just for a moment try to imagine our shock if Guns doesn't really look like Jurgen Prochnow......... I just don't know if the comunity could handle that shattered image, lol.

However, I'm in. Just tell me where to send the bio. and images.

Thats a very good idea, I had been looking to suggest some way of doing this myself recently, but didnt realise we could do it as part of Fed2k (I was wondering how we would cope with it being seperate from Fed2k, logins and all...).

I think it can only support the community and help us by improving the sense of community.

Well, i think its a good idea :) its nice if every1 know some information of eachother and know who you are playing with :)

I'm in for sure (stupid picture of yourself >.<), gl with it :D tell me where i send info ;)

P.S. Dont pay attention @ my nickname i was like 13 years when i made this account and now i"m 17, almost ADULT mwhahaa :P:D

Gl, greetz

Well if you can collect the data I can make a webpage out of it.

Well Schorpie, do you know how to collect the data and get it to Gob? Or should we send it to Gob somehow? Someone will have to give instructions on how to do this. I know nothing about how to "Upload" data, and images.

Well Schorpie, do you know how to collect the data and get it to Gob? Or should we send it to Gob somehow? Someone will have to give instructions on how to do this. I know nothing about how to "Upload" data, and images.

well it isn't really hard since hotmail has 350 GB of free space  :)

I think we're going to do it like this:

1) We decide wich info and what and how and blabla...

2) Everyone sends a mail with his information to me. (or to Gob, np...)

3) I put the information in a word document and upload it.

4) Gob can download it and has all the information in 1 document.

5) Gob puts it on the site

Is that ok for u Gob ? Lemme know something.

OK than I only need have some questions for you guys.

*) Only a site with information about us ? or also about the better players who played emperor before ? (harkdawg..brennq..xvayne....) ? If we're going to add information of the better players who played it before, maybe also some information about the best clans (TFS, endo, SKUM,...) ?

*) I've had also an idea about the timeline (see first post of the topic), should we also continue with this part, or only keep it to the information ?

*) Which information do you really want to know about the members ? (favorite map, real name, picture, interests, emp buddies, old clans, fav music, age, .... ?)

It would help, seeing as your the man with the hard shiney head to me ;)

Definately a pic, and plenty of data... I ppersonally would be able to tell you all apart if I could fins something individual about you all., Right now I pretend I remember who you all, but honestly I am lost  :P.

1 Amount of time you have been playing.

2 The players you remember when you started.

3 Your preferred house when you started (and your current preffered house) if any, of course.

4 A short description of your own ideas on your style of play ? e.g. "I try to focus on being a team player, watching the map,  telling my allies whats going on in case they miss it. I also am considerate, building neatly in my allies base, not just dumping in huge open spaces.." etc..

I think the more the merrier, up to a point  :P