Stumped as a..uh...pickle?

Acriku

Every base can be penetrated some just require more finesse than others or a lot of veicles and soldiers. Some try walling themselves in but then their units would be stuck inside, while carryalls would take harvestors out without protection.

Yeah i defanetly agree with Ordos45 on that one.. i mean you can always get into a base... it is too hard to have the right units at the right places to defend them off. you can defend and defend but sooner or later you are gonna run out of spice or harvies get hunted or have no room for units.. thats my intake on that. :)

For turtles (wall-builders, people who build base defenses/buildings and not alot of units), the key to turret walls is making your openings no more than two tiles wide, with turrets on each side - Since an invisible unit is visible within a one tile radius, they are uncloaked as they try to enter your base. Even if a few get through, just look for smoke - A few survivors will no doubt be badly damaged, and leave a smoke trail.

• 1 month later...

The problem with turrets is that they can easily be outranged by the artillery units. That's why you always need units for base defence.

I agree that there's always a way to over-power a base no matter how well defended it is. There is always a weakness. If there isn't, you're either not playing against a normal human being or you're not looking hard enough.

Anyway, I stopped playing Dune 2000 when Emperor came out. In some ways I like Dune 2000 more, though.

• 8 months later...