Three Enemy Houses

geidiprimedeathhandmissle

Guest Mithrandir

Do you have that patch on the site? How does it work? Do all the houses have the option to create them?

Guest Alex

"Three Houses has came to Dune to take the control of the land" and a group of useless Sub-Houses, created poorly with all the names mentioned on the book, create new great houses, but not this.

Guest Mithrandir

Well, seeing as how there are no sub-houses in Dune2k, he must be talking about Emperor.  By the way, I'm very disappointed that Westwood didn't make Ix it's own House. :(  They could have all the tech toys and stuff.  But instead Westwood chose to make them a sub-house, with only TWO UNITS!!!  Why?

OK,OK I was just checking ;D Being that you have all these "other" Houses of the Landsrad it would be fitting that House IX would exist they are a major player in the "known universe". It could be because we are now coming to the point with Dune where the "other" Houses are being taken into consideration not just the Atreides/Harkonnens and the Ordos( not really mentioned in the books only their Homeworld Sigma Draconius). Maybe with the Dune Generations on-line game we might see of what you're asking for with the other Houses.

Guest Mithrandir

I'm not slamming Emperor, but think of all the improvements from Dune2k. The units are diverse, which they weren't quite in 2k, There is a more diverse storyline, there are more options with the houses, but I wish that they would have added more houses. I think they have taxed the three houses almost to their limit. You can only bring back something so many times before people start to want more. But, hey, what do I know? I haven't gotten the game yet!!!

While were on the subject of E:B4D, why have the subhouses only got 2 units each??? As mentioned earlier the IX could have been given loads more units!!! As could the Tleilaxu, what about Gholas, and Face dancers???

I suppose they did have to balance out the subhouses, and there aren't really many more units the Fremen could have really are there???

Guest Mithrandir

I suppose that the fremen could have some kind of 'thopoter unit, maybe slightly modified or something, or a sietch leader unit, with some kind of big gun, or something. You're right, there aren't many options! What would the sardaukar have? Right now, they look like they suck, but the polls say different, I guess! Maybe in an expansion pack we could get more sub-house units, but that would be an awful lot of units for one house. You can already have four more, and any more might overload the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Atreides

are not tratiors they live for there duke and they die for there duke. there freman friends kick but and there powerfull air force shall crush all who opose it.

LONG LIVE THE DUKE!!!

ordos

they can by anything they want steel anything they want and hire anyone they want. there powerful stelth tec can make even the largest units invisible.

Together they shall crush the smelly harkonnen pigs. LOL

" i want my baby back baby back chili baby back sandworm."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Harkonnen have good tanks and a powerful nuke weapon, but the Devastator is very slow and can be take down if dare threat a little squadron of trikes and quads, if don't blow up. The Death Hand can be powerfull but don't is accuracy.

The Ordos have only cute tricks.

The Atreides is the average house of the three. They have the Sonic tanks to destroy a collum of infantry or troopers, the fremen to hit and run, and the ornithoppers to air support and take down one building or more. The only weak of house Atreides is the ornithoppers, they can be intercepted by Missile tanks and Rocket towers... but no more than this.

The House Atreides is the better.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

You fools, House atreides will prevail ofcourse, they've got an mighty airforce, the help of the fremen and the powerfull sonictank. Harkonnen are to damn slow 2 win and ordos are just too weak, although the deviator is somewhat powerfull. Just take it out with troopers and there's no challenge.

LONG LIVE HOUSE ATREIDES!!