Three Enemy Houses

geidiprimedeathhandmissle

The only problem is I play dune only.

I arrived to Alman by mistake, played few games and liked most of what I saw, I can't play another game simply because as I sayed, the people were the reason I like this game and the people are in dune only! so i'm sorry, it's dune 2000 or nothing for me :-

ello-

im new at the fed2k board thingy but i saw this post that caught my eye-

(this is probably off subject from the current line of posts

but...)

is it just me, or does everyone hate the poor Ordos?

everyones either Atreides or Harkonnen.

i saw like 2 or 3 Ordos fans in this post-thats all...

the ordos arent that bad, are they? i mean- i like em...

Clone_Commander: I think a lot of people like the those two houses, because there's more about them than about Ordos. As much as I know House Ordos is in Dune Encyclopedia, which wasn't written by Frank Herbert. He even rejected the idea of the DE. I personally like the Harks, because I always choose the bad guys in every game. Soviets in Red Alert, Nod in C&C, Orcs in WarCraft, etc. And usually I like what I see.:)

ophirus: so you're saying that you do not play any other game than D2k? Why is that? There are many games, which reach up to the level of D2k. For example Dune2...;D

i know other games, better than dune, but its in portugese language lol. and u play with brasilians lol, not bad game is called outlive --> www.outlive.com.br  i have no cdrom and i cant install full version, then i have to use demo :s im good at this game i playing this one more than dune lol.  dune is dead , outlive not... they use  fast servers, and u can do 4way without any prog to keep up connection, game do it from self...  in full version u can host 8way (4vs4) this is more fun, also u can create easily maps. (in full game)but dune i dont forget... ea closed ww forever in true probably.

ps. outlive have no bugs like placing buldings on white sand etc. and u need use mouse to controlling of making unit, (its n ot easy, but  with time u learn it)  and two money sources(uranium iron mines)  when gob clean up upload server, i put one or two screenshot's to make us what is this game outlive ... its like starcraft, or red alert 2, but more realistic :s

I personaly dont like prdos much couse they didnt mentioned in the book, but that didn't prevent me from finishing all 9 levels with them too.

nefud: I dont play other games because it takes too much time to make friends with all and be in a good level so I can challange other players.

Personally my favorites are the Harks, the second are the Ordos and only the third are the Atreides. My only problem with them that they're not pure evil, like the Harks are.;D

Clone_Commander: if U want a good site, visit Edroi_O's webpage. I think it's pretty nice.

I'm reading the book in english now, just for practice... a lot of good things pass by when I read it, I know that because I read the book in my native languege 3 years ago and it realy placed me in a diferent world! and when I have the chance to be there and play it, sure i'll take atreides and beat the damn harks! :P

p.s. on-line I played with hark couse i'm much better with them.

Nooooooooo, Harks were, are, and will be unbeatable!! Onward my Harkonnen brethren!! ;D

Besides I also have all 6 Dune books in English, but I was only able to read the first 3, because they're pretty hard to read I think. Out of the first three, the hardest was the Children of Dune. And I'm also planning to buy all Dune books in Hungarian (that's me mother-tongue) and fortunately the publishers are giving out a new series of the Dune-cycle. The books are beautiful, covered in hard-paper and have fine drawings on them by Hungarian painters. It's really cool...:D

But back to the topic, no one should ever be able to beat House Harkonnen!:)

Ohh... apart from that they did well, they regain control over Arakis, outsmarted Hawat and you'll agree with me that only a rare chain of events saved Paul and Jesica.

But unfortunately, most readers when reading a book would prefer attaching them selves to the underdog characters, which were in this case the remaining of house atriedes. Personaly, when I came to the part in the book when the harks are deploying their plan, I felt sad. lol

Ooooopsss, sorry, the guy's name is Edric_O not Edroi_O. Sorry for the mistake CCommander. :-X

The first time I met the Harks was in Dune2, than in Dune1, and after this I've learned that it's originally a book and there's a film too (back in those days - about 8 years ago - only the Lynch-Dune existed). When I saw that the Ordos aren't in the movie I was kinda disappointed, but I  liked the film very much anyway. So the first time I read Dune I was already a huge Hark fan. So I didn't jitter for the Atreides, even though I knew the Harks are going to lose. Well, this is true fandom...;D

• 2 weeks later...

When I first played dune 2, I liked Ordos because they were cool, and they had access to both light infantry and to troopers (or in the mentat screen that's what it seems. also, the atreides were classified as WEAK and the harks STRONG. But I felt ordos were stronger because they had BOTH, and of course this was wrong).

I never played Dune 2 ever again. Never made it pass level 3, where you first meet the worm.

When I first played Dune2000, I liked the Ordos because they had cool responses (robotic soldiers? COOL!), but I didn't play Dune2000 much, back then, I didn't have the patch either.

When I first played Emperor, obviously I'd say Atreides impressed me first. But later I thought I always liked Ordos so stick with Ordos. But of course I realised I couldn't win well with Ordos. In singleplayer (skirmish), when I was atreides i ruled, but in multiplayer somehow things went wrong whenever i was atreides. Then I tried Harkonnen....

HARKONNENS ARE AWESOME in Emperor! So I stuck with Harks.

Now that I have the 1.06 patch for dune2000 and got all the new units... I'd prefer... Ordos. Either that or Atreides. I don't like Harkonnen for threeo reasons:

1.) Is it just me, or is the death hand VERY INACCURATE?

2.) Death hand can devastate one building, but area effect is very low... though unstoppable.

3.) Devastators are faster than in Emperor, but also easier to kill, miss easier (no rocket launcher)... but the self-destruct mechanism is much better than in Emperor!!

Ordos will be my choice for now. The cool sounds ;) as well as the stealth raider. A pity no missile tanks. Get them from starport. Saboteur is fun to use, but I always get caught easily. Not good at it yet :P

Atreides is the most fun to play but... sigh. Tradition rules over all. Ordos rocks dune2000.

I'm starting to hate Dune2000's AI because they are almost unbeatable. Of course the AI in practice has never beaten me, but to beat them is like playing Heroes 3: A lot of procrastination on my part because I'm afraid I might attack the enemy who suddenly responds by mobilising his entire base! Games end up taking a lot of time. Also no super-uber units like minotaurii and prism tanks... and the devastator is far from uber, considering that I have run solo devastators into enemy bases (or at least at their entrances), fought a bit, tried to detonate, but the delay was so long it got killed before self-destruction. A pity.