Three Enemy Houses

geidiprimedeathhandmissle

You fools, House atreides will prevail ofcourse, they've got an mighty airforce, the help of the fremen and the powerfull sonictank. Harkonnen are to damn slow 2 win and ordos are just too weak, although the deviator is somewhat powerfull. Just take it out with troopers and there's no challenge.

LONG LIVE HOUSE ATREIDES!!

there is nothing heroic in just taking sides which whoever seems the strongest...

i love house ordos for STEALTH RAIDERS :)) 8=~

and deviators <#=

sub-houses

i love house mercenary

he have cool own heavy factory

i like emperor: he have beatyful pyramid :D

harkonnen have baran

ordos snake

atreides falcon

-----for these houses i maked own image for sub houss,

smuggler have robot

emperor have gekon

fremens have worm

mercenaries have commandos

• 7 months later...

Im so indesicive when it comes to choosing a side...

Well At first I liked Ordos but now they seem to weak and imho the Deviator isnt that great. And you can really notice how awful their ctanks are compared to other sides.

I have therefore defected to Atredis.

No wait... I have defected to Hark. Ummm... Death to the duke!

Yes, true. Ordos and harkonnen take much more skill than Atreides.

With Atreides all you really need to get is sonic tanks and stand them around in the front line of your army, the only way hark can counter this is to carryall in about 4 harvesters so the sonics all shoot each other, or very skillful unit control with devastators + sardukar armies. Ordos can use deviators or stealth trikes to cause havoc on sonic tanks combined with harvesters.

Atreides also have airstrikes, which is infinitely better than death hand missile.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, it is an old topic but for us who play the game its still relevant.

As for you viq, engineers wont work for some resons: most games have only 1 house-atriedes,

there is a good level of playing on-line so it wont be that easy and most important,

we play by NERTHH rules in the net, that means "No Engineers Rush Turrets and Harvester-Hunting"

nerthh is used mostly, but not evry peoples use it and play what do like.

pictures for  houses i recommend

Atreides , -->  eagle

ordos  ---->  velociraptor

Harkonnen ----> tyranozaurus rex

sub houses

fremen -----> gray dragon

smuggler -----> brown anaconda

mercenaries ----->  gold bull

emperor ------>  gold wolf

i like atreides reason: they have cool sonic tank

i like ordos reason: they have nice stalth trikes

i like harkonnen reason: the have  fat engineers

i like fremens because they like F**k sand worms

i like smugglers because the had nice starport

mercenaries have infinite reinforcements via starport: ahh. that shall be possible in practice, really, also how to do that? :D

emperor i like because they have sardaukar

• 3 weeks later...

AmigaBot: what is this? A style-design-image shop? You're really creative. :) Too bad the houses already have symbols...

I personally like Harkonnens ever since I first played with Dune2. I even liked them more in Dune2000. And I would like to remember everyone that D2k was just a remake for D2, not a completely new game. And these are the words of Westwood not me. I think Harks are good, because they have the strongest and toughest army in D2k. The devastator might be slow, it just needs some protection. The deviators I think are quite useless against fast units and against maneouvering groups. They have a weak armor and can be taken out with 2-3 quads. The sonic tank is an excellent weapon, too bad it's also got a thin armor. The death hand missile, although not precise, is a weapon to be feared. The ornis are better a bit, but they really can't dodge the missiles of turrets and missile launchers. The saboteur is a cool toy, but it's batteries quickly get depleted, and when it gets visible it has no chance.

So I say, all hail The Baron! :)

Well, first of all we hardly play ordos too lol

Now it seems very pointless ah?

Hmmm.. not realy, where we play a player is ranked between 1-10 in these categories:

building speed

strategy

unit control

deffence

offence

(I personaly dont know what the last two are talking about)

playing with AI sux, they do the same things and use the same tactics, its just boring

and as it says in dune, they are only practice. However, playing with human is much MUCH more challenging! and there are loads of tactics you can use against a human, i'll give you some examples:

most players build wind traps when needed only, it means that if you take even one out you couse a low power situation at your opponent, so you take about 15 quads, find a hole in your opponent's deffence (if you dont find one, make one!) and reak havok in his base by destroying wind traps only! he cant build fast and it takes about 5-10 mins till he regain power, enough time for you to send a seconde wave.

Thats one strategy I learned from BOP members I played with (and beat me lol)but another tactic I came up with concerns sonics: I play with harkonnen so I naturaly hate sonics! so if I'm playing a player with a poor unit control I send 20 quads against them. yes, you read it well, I'm using quads against sonics! I take them into the sonic group so they are mixed with them, press stop and see how 20 quads can destroy 10 sonics!

But its not perfect... if the opponent use mixed groups or put the sonice together its pointless, I wouldnt be able to kill even 1 sonic.

That is why I play on-line, you can only get better there and come up with more tactics.

Yes, the AI really sux; after a while it becomes boring. But you still can adjust the number of opponents to make the game a bit harder.;)

About windtrap-buliding; on many maps it's rather hard to bulid more windtraps than needed. Usually there aren't many rocky spots on maps and you have to calculate with bulidable space. But if there's enough room for extra windtraps I always bulid some more to avoid a low power situation.

Yeah, I'm quite familiar with that strategy as well, I'm just talking about the fact that in D2k, when starting up a game you have to define the number of players (usually of course) and of course if you're playing a 2 on 2 for example you do not wish to spend your time with searching for your enemies, so you select a map, which fits your needs (4 player map). But if you do this you usually get a map with 4 basis rock areas and hopefully an extra rocky area to deploy your forward base to. Probably your enemies will try to do the same. And if you know a map inside-out you will probably rush for that extra space (if you can call "rushing" that painful plodding with your MCV.) And if your enemy does the same you'll end up fighting with them in the beginning of the game, with few resources, which of coure is not a good idea. So I'm just trying to say, that there isn't always a vast space for you to build. I hope I was clear enough...:)

Yes, the AI really sux; after a while it becomes boring. But you still can adjust the number of opponents to make the game a bit harder.;)

About windtrap-buliding; on many maps it's rather hard to bulid more windtraps than needed. Usually there aren't many rocky spots on maps and you have to calculate with bulidable space. But if there's enough room for extra windtraps I always bulid some more to avoid a low power situation.

i with DRFsimmsy can build buldings out of rock, i mean on white sand, ask him for more info

hmm do you tried reinstall windows?i dont think so u coulda have  f**** up registry entries.most of peoples uses windows xp, windows millenium and have no problems, but u need know how to correctly configure win xp, if nu cos do bad, something may not work..  i have no idea for this, but try reinstall xp..  i prefer house ordos, also i god confused before ww decided to close dune.. i played one time with shy and  i haved carryal problem/  when i scouted all map, i did refinery and waqtched carryal, while he was in center of map and he leaves map, they ot harvester docked. i thinked they  wanted deliver 2 harvesters, but only 1 arrived,and second gone ... while ww is down, i loaded mods ...i delete them when ww get back to work :P  im bored lol...  ANYONE  IN DUNE USE HOUSE ORDOS? lol