User Manual - In English

Bob

The reason I need it in English is 'cos I AM English and so don't speak Dutch.

I recently got hold of the game from a friend and the manual is in Dutch. I have not played this game before.

• 1 month later...
Guest rAiDkiLLs
Dune 2000 doesn't come with a manual DOC on the CD.

Can't you download one at Westwood ?

No, WestWood doesnt have it on their site, the CD no longer comes with the Manual book, and as stated above - the CD doesnt have a Manual.doc either.

I've been surfing looking for one.  Can't someone type up the pertinent parts and post it?

I JUST found out that typing H brings your screen back to your Construction Yard on a map!

i wish i had a manual    ???

Guest rAiDkiLLs
http://www.dune2k.com/duniverse/dune2000/shortcuts.shtml

And Shiroko's FAQ of course should help. Did you check the Dune 2000 section yet?

:D  I hadn't seen that area before, it helped a lot thanks.

additional info on the shortcut area:

My PC keyboard's HOME key doesn't send me home, typing H does... I don't know why.

Also, typing a number and hitting the HOME key works for selecting my unit groups (after I create a few with CTRL and a number)... but, the ALT key plus a number is better.  

I can just hold down my ALT key and type the numbers.. 1,2,3, etc. and jump around from group to group = that is better for me and faster than the HOME key.

• 1 month later...

hi bob

the dune manual is quite thick and would take hours to type,if you search the cd you will find a page on unit cost and strength and tips which is well worth reading,ill give you some short cuts though :- H will take you to your con yard X will scatter your units(excelent for troopers gaurding your base) S will stop your units CTRL + f9 to F12 will book mark a place on your map,A will ally you with a partner (MULTIPLAYER ONLY)F1 to F6 will let you talk to players in multiplayer E will select all your units you can see G will place them on gaurd(when selected) when they on gaurd they are more aggresive.R will retreat your units

hmmmm carnt rebember any more,

hope this helps bob