RPG Soccer manager

Spectral Paladin

Some of you may remember that a few months ago I released a demo of my rpg soccer manager. Unfortunately, I lost the source code back, and I found the floppy with the backup file just a few days ago. After some work, I am proud to present you with the new version, which allows you to play a full league!

Actually, this still is a beta version. The league contains teams which contain the same set of players. Soon however, v1 will be out which:

will take care of bugs and remarks for this version.

contain playable european leagues (season 2005/06)

And this is just the beginning. There are many improvements and exciting features I wish to implement. I 'd appreciate your comments on this version - not only concerning bugs, but also suggestions. (One thing I 'd like to know is what do you think of the dices' number of sides).

Sounds good, but you should probably just replace the other attached file. That way people will only download the newest version. Of course you should still make a post that it has been updated.

Too hard to count to 78 when inputting the numbers. I'm lazy :P

Maybe a "you have X points remaining" everytime you input a number for the characteristic. That way I can be sure I'm not going over or below 78.

this sounds really cool, and I downloaded it to try it, but I think I'll wait till the player creation is updated, because I agree it really is a pain. is there a way to try it without creating all the players?

A pain you only have to go through once! Anyway though, the only way to try it without creating the players, is to load an already started league.

Here are the files of a league at its start. Unzip them in the same folder as the game then select Load League. Don't start new league as it will overwrite those files.

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

Here is some a newer version with some minor changes:

-it implements Andrew's suggestion during team creation - after typing each ability's number you get to see how many points remain.

-formation and discipline appear now in the in-game menu under team options instead of every 5 rounds.

There is also a short description of the match screen included. Note this only contains the newest executable, the rest of the files are in the original zip.

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

• 3 weeks later...