Guild Wars worth geting?

TheRedDuke05

Did you read the rest of the thread, gerbilpoo? :)

The fact they're releasing one expansion pack per year can be seen as bad either way; either it's a lack of new content (only getting new stuff once per year?) or it's a hefty price to pay.  Of course, some people could argue that it's good, but my views are somewhat set on the issue.

Seriously, if you want to play a decent MMORPG, buy World of Warcraft (my suggestion) or EVE (Gunwounds' suggestion). :)

i don't want to play an exellent MMORPG, i want to play a good MMORPG that doesnt cost much.

i accept that WoW is better than Guild Wars, but guild wars is a hell of a lot cheaper.

GW is the poor mans WoW, and i am poor :(

and as for the lack of new content, there are free updates every week or so with 2 new areas coming in the next few weeks. Rune traders have been added, PVP reward system, Scrolls, new trading materials ect.

You seem to hate GW, you should accept that it is a good game. not exellent, but value wise...

You're right in saying that WoW is superior to Guild Wars, but what I'm saying is that you get what you pay for... and with Guild Wars, you can bet you'll be paying a lot before long.  If I've put across the impression that Guild Wars is crap, then I'm sorry.  I merely wanted to point out that compared to WoW, it is very poor. :)

Hosting servers isn't free, and paying developers to come up with new content doesn't come cheap, either.  One

I loved Guild Wars before I got World of Warcraft, and I loved it for the exact same reasons as gerbilpoo.

However, one day I found myself in the situation of having enough money to play World of Warcraft. I need not say more.  ;)

Then I shall pass on my secret method of earning money without having a job!

The trick is to go around asking everyone for 5 pence for [insert random reason here].  If you're really audacious, you could ask for 10 pence!  But think about it... you ask enough people on a busy high street / school / other public setting, and you're gonna have a lot of change.  After that, just stick it all into bank bags, and stroll up to your bank to get them turned into Pound coins or notes of higher value. :D

Guaranteed success, I tell you! ;D

It's not hard getting free drinks.

At parties, people are often drunk, and you can just go right into their bags and take their drinks. They don't remember the next day either.

I actually have a very wild, thought true, story about this. We sometimes throw parties in the name of the school theatre. Everyone at school is invited, and after the party, some people go back to the school to spend the night. This party is renown for getting out of hand. Personally, I can't even remember how the party building looks like, because I've been too drunk even before I get to the place. A friend of mine, and his friend (also a friend of mine) took the liberty of taking the drinks of the people spending their night at school, and selling them back to the drunkards. This is not a joke. The stupids actually bought their own drinks! What made this possible was that those two guys and I had been making a ticket booth for selling theatre tickets. But when we were done, it looke more like a bar counter. So we wrote ticket bar on the front. This made it very suitable of selling beverages, which was actually taken advantage of.  ;D

I just came back from vacation in Colorado 2 days ago and while I was at a friend's house I was able to try World of Warcraft. Now I want it badly but I don't really have to money to pay for the stupied fee. I wish there was a yearly subscribtion like they have at xbox live.

Here is a fresh link to that movie i posted earlier for EVE:Online.

Its the same movie so if you have seen it dont worry about it.

If you havent see it then right click and "save target as"

http://www.streamload.com/gunwounds/EL/YNLPV6HZC1/evolution-trailer.wmv

;)

Gunwounds:

I have been playing WoW since release. I have four level 60s. I am not bored yet.

If you played it in beta, you have played NOTHING. I have Guild Wars and WoW, I personally think Guild Wars is trash. Although Guild Wars doesn't require a monthly fee, the PvP, questing, ect is crap.

I maxed out levels in Guild Wars in 1 week.

I don't really have anything else to say.

I'm also guessing you play on an EU server Cyborg/Dragoon Knight ?

Gunwounds:

I have been playing WoW since release. I have four level 60s. I am not bored yet.

If you played it in beta, you have played NOTHING. I have Guild Wars and WoW, I personally think Guild Wars is trash. Although Guild Wars doesn't require a monthly fee, the PvP, questing, ect is crap.

I maxed out levels in Guild Wars in 1 week.

I don't really have anything else to say.

I'm also guessing you play on an EU server Cyborg/Dragoon Knight ?

Thats all nice and dandy Rebirth... but the fact remains that most people who play WoW quit after 3 months....which is the usual time it takes to powergrind a character to max level.  You may be one of the few people who are easily amused or just happens to like the lore of WoW... but most gamers out there will stick WoW back on the shelf after 3 months.  Its just not a game thats designed for years and years of enjoyment.  A game like EVE you could play for 10 years and never get bored.... almost everyone who plays EVE has or knows someone with a 2 year old character.... i doubt 2 years from now you will find anyone from WoW still playing.... probably only the most hardcore will.... while in EVE it is commonplace to find a veteran character who is the original creator.

AS far as guildwars is concerned i agree with cyborg and the rest that its trash. Its not evenly a real MMO in my opinion.

What they need to make is a MMO that lets people be anything they want to be, from high possitions such as president, king, commisar, emperor, to the lowly janitor.

Soldiers can be commanded by a general in RTS style but the soldiers can mutiney if they think the commander's order is suicidal. Nukes would be useable though aren't recommended due to the fact that the other side probably has them too.

Also people could rebel agaisnt their government in any way possible. Though I doubt this type of game will ever be made, Dune Generations seemed to be almost exacatly what I just said abouve, but it got canceled  :'(

Your not listening, I mean you should be able to own an entire nation, not some guild. And in MMO you can't use nukes or use RTS like things to command soldiers in the battlefield. And as far as I hear, people can't overthrow their national government like we Americans did or the Soviet Union.

actually that is available in EVE..... you can do territorial control and they have corporation governments as well as alliance governments... basically the same thing as a nation. You can create and setup outposts, starbases, etc, etc. And yes they have weapons of all types including weapons with nuclear payloads.

And you can overthrow an alliance government if you are powerful enough like the DDC corporation did to the Xetic alliance.