Next Dune Game Houses/Story

sniper

I think harkonnen betrayed the atreides in the war against the machines, the jihad. Therefore the Atreides had to fight the machines alone and the harkonnen became detested.

Why give aid to soldiers? cause it are harkonnen soldiers.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want a Dune 3 it should be like that.

Houses are: Atreides, Corrino and Ixian Confederacy.

What no Ordos or Harkonnen?

Don't worry, Corrino should have the Devastator and they already got the Sardaukar.

And the Deviator is a Ixian unit already.

So the units you loved so much are still in the game.

Now the storyline, which fits the spirit of the books.

Paul Atreides now rules Arrakis, and commanding the horrible Jihad.

But now plans are being made, to take Paul away from the throne and reconquer Arrakis to destroy his Spice monopoly.

The Former Emperor is conspiring secretly with the CHOAM and stocking on forces to invade Arrakis while hiding using guild steermen.

The Ixian Confederacy are planning a takeover on Arrakis, without the guild. They secretly build giant computers to navigate self-made highliners, so they could invade Arrakis.

The Ixians and Corrino learn of each others plan due to the Bene Gesserit. They decide to ally and split Arrakis 50% for each. Then they invade in the same time. By the time the Atreides learn of the plans their already have landed on the dunes of Arrakis.

The Ixian-Xorrino alliance won't hold for more than a little time and will explode. Then it's a three ways fight for Arrakis again. The Atreides Fremen, The Corrino Sardaukar and the Ixian Technology.

ONly one house will prevail... Yada yda yada...

-Shiroko

Well I am a strong believer in adding House Corrino to the next game, if there is one.  I also think that it should pick up where the last one left off with the other houses conspiring against the atreides for arrakis etc etc etc.

BTW, the Atreides arent the good guys people are led to believe, at least after the 2nd book, thats when they become increasingly more concerned with material gain rather than human sacrifice.  Even in the first book Gurney Halleck mentions the fact Paul was more concerned with lost machinery rather than men.  One important thing to note is how history repeated itself in the case of the Corrinos and Atreides:  the sardaukar were confined to Salusa Secondus before the battle of Corrin and afterwards they went on their own Jihad and secured the known universe for House Corrino.  The exact same thing happened to Paul and the fremen, which unleashed his own Jihad.  Just thought that was neat :)

Guest Anomos

I agree with you Shiroko 100% those races (Atreides, Ixians , Corrinos) for Dune3000 IS the logical thing to do, Dune needs a "refreshing" and those 2 new houses will do the trick ...

and may i add that a totally new engine is also needed...

Anomos

I've only read the first book so far, but this is what I think:

I like the idea with the House Imperial Atreides, Corrino, and Ixian Confederacy, though to leave the Ordos and Harkonnen out of the fray wouldn't be too good for the game's storyline and would leave some gaps in dune2k's continuation and take out some of our favorite units- fo example, even though House Corrino has a lot of similar technology to the Harkonnen, only the Harkonnen possess the Death Hand, as with the Ordos,who, not the Ixians, have the Saboteur and (if they include this unit outside of multiplayer in Dune3k), Stealth Raiders. So, this is what I can imagine happen with the Ixians, Corrinos, and Imperial Atreides(Based on the idea, like in the books, Paul Atreides takes over Dune and the jihad will happen, but going towards the continuing themes presented in Dune2k, the game):

-House Ordos, after suffering a costly defeat and in financial debt to the Ixians for technology, joins the Ixian confederacy in their attempt to take Dune for its riches, which they had planned all along. Before hand, in Dune2k, they just allowed the Ordos to test their high-tech equipment for them. The Ordos, with what's left of their own military forces, mixed with mercenary help and with the addition of more exotic Ixian technology, makes a lethal force threatning the Imperial Atreides and anyone else in their way.

-House Corrino, now ousted from power on Dune, seeks revenge against the Imperial Atreides, and to reclaim the throne, as does the Harkonnen. Alone, both sides' weakened forces would not be enough to succeed.The Baron and Former Emperor both realize this, and with their mix of shared/exclusive weapons, an extremely shaky Corrino-Hark alliance is forged, only being held together by the mutual need for revenge and hope of improved military odds.

- House Imperial Atreides, aware of the intervention of the technologically-advanced Ixians and their partners, the Ordos/Mercenaries, and the incoming assault of an enraged Corrino-Hark force, prepare their forces and their allies, the Fremen, for war, in order to stay in rule of Dune, and to inevitably allow the bloody jihad to take its course.

For those who've read the other books, I wouldn't doubt if you may find something astray with my ideas here, but after reading the first Dune book and playing Dune2 and Dune2k, this justs sounds possible to me.

SW00 out.

Forgot about that... thanks for the correction, nStilgar. Well, in that case, what's left of the Harkonnen and Corrino go head to head against each other in a post-dune2k skirmish, and the remainer of both forces afterwards grow so weak (and PO'd at each other and the now Imperial Atreides) by themselves alone, that they're forced to ally out of need for better military odds and for mutual revenge and limitedly attack when the Ixians do, in order to survive from their wrath (for a while) and to help eliminate the Imperial Atreides, allowing no or little ability to retaliate from them. In that time, the Corrino-Hark alliance, while still shaky in its founding, begins to regain its lost forces and one side takes over, which I leave to someone else to decide. Though, the House Corrino, with its fanatical Saduakar, and without a leader....

Guest Anomos

Regarding the former Emperor, i *think* he died AFTER the 2nd book which means he died after the dissapearence of Paul Atreides... There was a mention in the 2nd book that he was secretly training some special Saduakar forces

But if we were to count Shaddam out , what about Prince Irulan ? (now that's an interesting idea...) or Hark'Al'da ?

Anomos

Yes he is mentioned in the very beginning of Dune Messiah, a report going to to Paul from Stilgar says he was doing landing operations on Salusa Secundus with 1 legion of sardaukar. After that we never hear of Shaddam or his death until Children of Dune when we learn he has since died. Prince Farad'n is the likely Corrino leader in the next Dune game. Isnt it neat how all the Atreides after Leto II are actually Corrino because Farad'n's name was changed to Harq al-ada and fathered the atreides line??? Hehe that sneaky Frank Herbert :P

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Why not make the next Dune game like the settlers series instead of woodcuters and quarriyers you could have spice refinerys instead of wells have dew collecters and have it more like the books and have infantry with shields and swords instead of tanks and artilery(well mabe a few vehicles so not to attract the worms with shields mabe with lasguns or make it so you can turn the shields on or off). I agree with the idea about the Ordos/Ix, Harkonnen/Corrio aliances against the Atradies and the fremen as well. But the fremen will conquer all hahahhahahahahaahha sorry the voices are starting again i'll just go and get my medicine.

Apart from the complete lack of punctuation, I must say that while it is a good idea (so good that everyone around here has been saying it for ages), personal shields are not going to happen any time soon. First, no RTS dune game is coming out in the forseeable future; secondly, no RTS maker is likely to bother (unfortunately); thirdly, in DII, D2000, and Emp, windtraps have served well, while harvesters do indeed bring in resources.

• 6 months later...

The next story should be:The ordos leader(higher rank then the mentat)had bought a valuble ring.But he can't take it off! ;Dso he ask the Barron and the Duke for help!Then the Barron told the Duke:"the only way is to chop off his hand!"The Duke agree with him.Then the duke chop off the Ordos leader's hand and the ring was taken off! ;DThe ordos leader angry for losing his hand declar war on Atreides!then he found out that it was the barron's idea an want to kill him!The Barron and The Duke eventually became enemies! ;D