Game won't proceed to mission 2

Guest Calvin

After scratching my original disc and finding out that the movie files for the Ordos missions 4 & 5 are hosed I went to use my backup disc. But now it won't let me proceed past mission 1 for any of the houses. I attempted to make a new disc by copying everything off of my original disc, except for the 2 movie files that are unreadable. Then I copied those 2 files off of my backup disc and then created a 2nd backup disc. That too does not make a difference. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled the game using my newly created backup, but alas, it too is hokey.

I then stuck in my scratched original and of course it worked, up until the 4th and 5th missions. Then I get the message "OH NO, CAN'T FIND MOVIE FILE".

Are there hidden files or some funky disc structure that Westwood uses when they burn their cd's? Do I have to have them send me a replacement? I realize it is only the campy movie files, but I would like to have a fully working disc.

Anyone?

Thanks.

Calvin

nivlac@itis.com

Yeah, im sorry man, but there are a bunch of copyright protect stuff on those disks, not too mention they are bigger disk... i do believe there is some sort of crack though I do not know where. Anyway, good luck, man.. I hope you find help.

- Jason.

I'm not sure what exactly they used but what you mention is a classic sign of using a copied disc. There isn't much you can do about it as they fit more then 650MB on the CD and somehow the game knows if the CD you are using is real or not. If it does notice that it will repeat the first mission over and over. Have you tried using the real CD and then putting the copied in after you beat the first mission?

• 1 year later...