London...

exatreide

No, I was refering to the post somewhere on the page before, but also going off topic, apologies.

As for the attacks, if it is confirmed it was the work of some al-queda group (I believe it will be) then we have made ourselvs a target by some of our actions. Thats my opinion anyway.

Confirmation of the number of people killed on the bus may take some time due to the fact that not much will be left to identify considering the circumstances (although I think an official figue has been released now)

Dante, please don't joke in this thread, if you want to do that take it elsewhere.

I'm surprised gob has not deleted KaL's post. This is a family forum for the whole world and it is completely out of order.

They wouldn't bomb another place right after London anyway because the media is still focusing on the London bombings. Maybe a few months or years later, then they can grab their attention again.

As for the idea that this was somehow set up by the UK govt:

1) There were no significant troubles passing anti-terror bills, they were going through nicely. The ID card legislation had its inital reading passed, and would have probably gotten through Parliament without a serious backlash.

2) This is the UK - not America. Only ~60,000,000 people live here, there would be very little point in influencing our population like the Americans have done. (God that Threat Level Indicator is just disgusting...) Our war effort in Iraq has not been as bloody as the US's campaign and public opinion is still one of 'reluctance' rather than 'resistance'.

3) People should be happy it was so well handled by the emergency services because of previous planning and practice for an inevitable attack. The very fact it was inevitable makes the idea of a planned attack pointless, because we knew were bound to be hit. Now that we have actually been hit by attacks, very little has changed in public opinion. (Unlike in the US where the attacks came completely out of the blue)

4) We have been hit by many terrorist attacks before (i.e. IRA, the Libyan 747 bomb). I guess they were all govt. planned too huh.

Please note I'm not trying to make this a talking point - this thread shouldn't be about the political implications of the attacks. Make a thread in PRP if you want to go down that route.

I was quite shocked by the latest developments that the bombers were from my home town of Leeds. It's was bad enough to have armed police lining the city center when we had our bomb scare but to now know these maniac are british born and from my own fair city makes you wonder.

Leeds has a large multi cultural populace that has generally got by without the fears or racial problems of a lot of other big cities, here's hoping this doesn't change all that.

I am from London, where it all went off, and I also hope that this doesnt ruin the good relations the different cultural relations the people have here, just because of a few screwed up people.

They should not be allowed to ruin it for everyone else. Others shouldnt have to pay for thier deeds carried out in the name of others.

I am from London, where it all went off, and I also hope that this doesnt ruin the good relations the different cultural relations the people have here, just because of a few screwed up people.

I think its too late, things are getting worse for Muslims

I was in London trying to get to Bedford the day the bombs went off. Luckily I am lazy and didnt get up until after the bombs went off (I would have had to go through Central London, Kings Cross).

Yesterday, I was at Bedford, and they shut Luton (Direct router back to London) and Bedford stations due to security alerts.

It seems it is following me around.

it's hard to say whether it was some kind of copycat strike, or the responsibility of the original group. true, the results were nowhere near the results of the first bombings, but apparently the same explosive material was used in the bombs. perhaps they were just trying to shift from using suicide bombers to leaving the devices and trying to make an escape, which is a lot more difficult to pull off, hense the bombs not fully detonating. who knows

And again, another suspected attempted attack.

But the police tossed the guy to the ground and shot him five times in the back.

Which, from an investigative standpoint, not to mention a (dude, the guy tripped and you still shot him five times in the back?!) or a (Dude, you thought the guy was covered in explosives and you still shot him in the back five times?!

Better safe then sorry ? Not for that man if he was innocent. I dont understand why they shot him once they caught him. While he is running...ok.

But if you have him, grab his hands. He cant do much without his hands, and he may have just thought he was in for a beating from some guys out for revenge, as the officers were in plain clothes.

I really hope he was carrying something, or I would feel really bad knowing another innocent person died becuase of these attacks.