London...

exatreide

Watching the BBC live on BBC America and CNN.  CNN just had camera phone video from inside the tubes.  BBC has the better coverage though, if you have BBC America I reccomend it, they've interrupted regular programming.

http://www.livejournal.com/community/london_070705/  This link has emergency services numbers for those in the UK, as well as directions if you're foolish enough to travel on what roadways are blocked.

was working while it happened I saw it on a big screen in the school but it did not hit me right away.

it said 45 dead and 1000 wounded

how many explosions is it now? 8 I thought

Lets get used to the idea of having to carry ID cards around.

I was awoken by a call from work, asking me if I was making my way to bedford as expect. I was asleep :P

Went in to the local office and found everyone was on their way home, so hung around a bit, watch hunddreds of people pass on the streets, never saw a single bus, then came home.

33 Dead was the last I heard, with about 1000 wounded of which 150 were serious.

I was asleep at a mates at the time and woke up to a call from my parents asking if I was Ok.

Lets get used to the idea of having to carry ID cards around.

Meh I need one anyway, always get asked for ID at clubs... I'm still 17 but 7 more days should fix it.

On CNN I recall the figures being 37 dead, roughly 30 in for serious or critical injuries, and another 100 for minor injuries. Surely not a thousand: not on several buses or a subway car. Check Wiki for the accurate figures. I might, of course, be wrong.

EDIT: Here we go, "The number of injured treated is at least 300. At least one news report has quoted 360 injured." So, actually, I think I'll revise my earlier impression of events and say that, yes, indeed, it's quite possible that 1000 people could have been injured. In which case, I think London is lucky to have such a low comparative death toll - it could have been much worse.

That time of day...in the tubes...could've been far worse.  Seems rather horrid to say this, but be glad casualties were what they were.  >:( 

Seshen, over on Livejournal, made this image and remarked that on 9/11 Britain flew its flags at half staff for the USA.  I know this isn't the best tribute to the dead, but online, it will have to do:

US_flag_half_mast_md_wht_by_seshen.gif

It's terrible, but at the same time fortunate that the death toll could be kept low thanks to the precautions.

The law of having to carry ID around 24/7 is a joke. More then half of the people here don't do it, and you won't even notice anything as long as you don't run into the police.

Ok, to confirm:

There were 4 explosions, of which

3 were on underground trains

1 was on a bus

Reports of 7 were because tube passengers were coming out of multiple stations (since at least two trains were between stations).

Shortly after the third explosion, the tube network was shut down, then the buses in the centre were stopped after the fourth bomb.

33 are confirmed dead from the first three explosions, and quite a few more will have been killed on the bus.

Racists allowed where?

In the world?

I'm afraid we can't stop them :(

I mean London was bombed during the G8 Summit, obviously to draw our attention, to pull our troops out of Iraq. It's up to Blair what to do now. But if we pull out, Iraq's regime will go back to what it once was. :(