Dune 2000?

Jk

:) yeah i don't agree with that at all.

dune2000 is dune based on RA and RA was definetly more fun IMHO. It had paratroopers, that's all that needs to be said 8) also it had hell march, dune2000 had nice dune2 tunes, but they didn't beat RA's tunes, and neither did the cutscenes beats RA's cutscenes

Emperor is better than RA IMO , well not for it's time. but if you compare them right now. But for it's time RA was definetly better.

Yeah i agree... and the emperor i bored a litte (i play all time all days its a lunatic viciant game)who of this topic or others play dune2k and the nicks? will be cool meet all guys one day one time in server 4 fun :)

Now there is very little people says that dune is good now.Why?dune2000 is released 4 years ago.The only way for the word"dune"to become famous again like the game we are waiting for.........Dune 3!I have waited for it.But there is almost very little news of it.Has westwood given up on dune?Then why there hasn't dune 3?At least put another update of dune2000.The last update(v1.06)only added 3 units. >:(

yup, they gave up on dune. too bad eh? the chances that they will make another dune game are very low. While i found dune2k to be somewhat disappointing, Emperor was realy nice. and the next dune game should be a bit more like that. Perhaps a few more influences from the books/movie/miniseries though

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I dont want no one insulting Dune2000. I played it in my cousin's house long ago, then waited 6 years to get it. Now that I bought it (3rd Jan 2003), I'm not allowed to play it until I get above 93% in my annual exams (starting on 7th March). Such is the irony of life. But I still like Dune, And I dont like anyone insulting it. I'm basically a Dune200 fanatic.

For all those who keep asking for Dune2000, C&C, RA(O), etc, I suggest you try

www.softwarefirst.com

I haven't found any of the above sold on their own for less than £10.00 (15Euro) in the UK in the last three years, and last time I checked, these are all still available at softwarefirst.

Mind you, when I got RA, I also got both its expansions, C&C, and its add on too for £15.00 in Electronics Boutique!!! (five years ago now).

Hey, I dont want no one insulting Dune2000. I played it in my cousin's house long ago, then waited 6 years to get it. Now that I bought it (3rd Jan 2003), I'm not allowed to play it until I get above 93% in my annual exams (starting on 7th March). Such is the irony of life. But I still like Dune, And I dont like anyone insulting it. I'm basically a Dune200 fanatic.

93% wow, who said that? a strange percentage, i mean... 90% is high, but a logical number, as is 70% or something... but 93% is so precise

• 1 month later...

There is one more reason why Dune2000 is unforgivable: no game is closer to David Lynch movie. Also Dune2000 has challenging campaigns. Even when bored i always return to Dune2000 campaigns because the gameplay is so intense.

I agree E:BFD has a great addition: when you fail you actually lose your life, cool!!

93% wow, who said that? a strange percentage, i mean... 90% is high, but a logical number, as is 70% or something... but 93% is so precise

Where I live, 94% was the lowest "A" up until recently. Maybe 93% is an "A" there?

Where I live, 94% was the lowest "A" up until recently. Maybe 93% is an "A" there?

ah yes, i forgot... you work with the ABCDE system in the US.

• 1 year later...

we dont have grades here, competition in this gforsaken country is that bad. anyway, i ended up with 96.2, so i got it.

grades slipped next year, got 90, so Dune was (is) back in the cupboard. i've been keeping myself happy with CoD and IAF though  ;D

anyways, an academic year here is from April to March, and i've got a weeks break, so i think i'll start playing it again sometime soon.

PS- thanks a lot ken

hey, i know you're there!!