C&C-style Dune 2 icons

MrFlibble

I've attampted to create a set of Dune icons that have a C&C look and replaced the default icons in Dune Legacy. So here's a sample (click on thumbnails to enlarge):

buttonssample9qj.th.jpg

buttonssample17qr.th.jpg

I wonder whether they might be useful in D2TM ???

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

Glad you like them ;D

EDIT: If you really want to use them, here's a selection of additional infantry icons you might need. Choose the best Trooper icon, there are quite a few of them. Perhaps a different icon for Ordos and Harkonnen Trooper ??? Also two Fremen Warrior icons included as a 'bonus' ;)

• 2 weeks later...

OThey look ipressive, but... I hated the RA2 method of putting text in icon graphics. I like the placement bit, but I think that could be better done drawn separately over the top by the game.

I like to avoid hard-'coding' stuff into graphics.

so basicly the 'how many place does this structure take' bit should be drawn on start of the game (so i memorize all icons, then transform them, so they are ready to use).

For names its a bit difficult. I don't have the font of these very small names. I could use a seperated BMP file for these...

Well, the text does not have to be part of the icon. You have so much space on the bar that you could move the icons up a bit and fit a smallish font underneath - like the carthag font I sent you in MISC012.

(Though I'm also quite a fan of the 'raised' effect... would it look good in the goldish colour of the rest of the UI?)

Here's the template with all the letters, blank icon and the structure size grid (in bmp)

35%, its the scale i used to minimize the unit pictures (in most cases).

P.S. And yeah, if you wish to have all the icons w/out text and structure grids, I'll do it (esp. the grids, while text is easy to remove ;))

P.P.S. One more thing, as I've got vacations right now => plenty of time, tell me what else useful I could do about the GUI (compile a few buttons, resize something, etc.) or maybe some other graphics too? ::)

@ Nema, looks actually quite good. Though there should be some wa to make it 'part of the icon' since now it looks like its floating (the text).

@ Flibble,

That bmp file looks good. It needs some work to make it usable for me. I prefer to have all leters on a horizontal bar (one looong bar). As a seperated file even, but thats programming technical stuff speaking ;)

For grid, there is no need to remove it from icons. I think i can even do it with what you have sent me. I simply will 'create' the icons on start up.

1) Use picture

2) Draw the border upon it (with name bar below)

3) draw name on it

DONE.

Darn i am too tired to write anything sensible now.