Worm Kills on AI Harvesters

OnAMission

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hmm my harvesters... no all my units probably have a special scent since the worms love em... that's for sure. I found the worms in dune 2 to be scarier though, and even more treachurous.... is he passing me.. is he passing me? CHOW! CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH...

:-[ Guess not.

At first i thought that the worm would like the atreides more because they didn't shoot at the worm automatically... boy was i wrong.

artreides units do attack the worm automatically, I just think worms attack the largest thing they feel. I just surround the field with infantry here and there, I get my wormsign signal quicker that way, I just go to the spot and get my harv out of the way if the worm does not go for the little bait.

after three snacks they leave and dont come back for seven minutes, I can move harvy back.

artreides units do attack the worm automatically, I just think worms attack the largest thing they feel. I just surround the field with infantry here and there, I get my wormsign signal quicker that way, I just go to the spot and get my harv out of the way if the worm does not go for the little bait.

after three snacks they leave and dont come back for seven minutes, I can move harvy back.

yeah i'm sorry, i was still referring to dune2.. where the atreides do not attack the worm automatically

hmm my harvesters... no all my units probably have a special scent since the worms love em... that's for sure. I found the worms in dune 2 to be scarier though, and even more treachurous.... is he passing me.. is he passing me? CHOW! CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH...

:-[ Guess not.

At first i thought that the worm would like the atreides more because they didn't shoot at the worm automatically... boy was i wrong.

Yeah! In some Atreides missions the worms leave your Harvesters alone...then they eat one of your units and THEN go after the Harvesters anyway! Bah >:(

And it's very annoying when an enemy comes along and the worm goes after it...if you're Atreides that is. All the units you told to attack the worm will go after it. Then the worm comes right back to eat your tanks!!

:D i know all about it, usually i used a trike or quad to lure the worm in some place that it wouldn't move anymore and kill it. If the worm didn't eat my units i let him go. I don't want to kill it if i don't have to

:P to finish the new Ordos missions I made for Dune II you'll actually have to get it to eat your enemies instead hehehe. How else are ya gonna take out a Siege Tank with only Troopers? :P

lure the worm in some place that it wouldn't move anymore and kill it.

How do you do that? Isn't it logical that if a worm can follow a unit into an area, that it can follow it straight out again? I mean, how can it follow the unit in if it can't get into the area in the first place? How would you keep the worm from moving? ??? :P

I remember when I was a cute little beginner at all of the dune stuff, when I did not know that there were books or anything, the only thing I knew that there was, was the game for genesis, and a movie. then I bought dune2000, and had not learned any tactics, or skills, I just built and built until nothing more could be built, I would keep my massive armies out on the sand in front of my base, until one fine evening when I saw that stupid worm coming out of the sand in the middle of all of the units, of course taking my most expensive ones(siege tanks, and missile tanks).

After playing for a few years I have learned and manage anti-worm tactics alot better. 8)

Worms are fairly simple once you figure it out. :P They 'lock' on to certain units, and will pursue the unit until they eat it or they 'lose' it (i.e. the unit is dead or on rock), in which case they go to the last known position of the unit and then start tracking the next closest unit. They will ignore everything else that is nearby as they track their intended victim. This is the time I like to attack them. I just send groups of 5 troopers each to wait for the worm to come, and then a few shots is all it takes to send the worm back down into the sand.