maps maks empror load slower???

spicy

hi. i ve been trying to upload somee new fan made maps and when i started to unpack them i was reading the help section of the map packer and in the pack help page it says:  the user may pack and remove maps because removing maps will speed up empror...ec 

well evry one knows i am a lagger and i am running a slow game and honestly i dont need it to be slower. do you think i should stop adding maps ?

Wow. I didnt see that myself. I had all the maps, and it didnt seem to affect it. I recently took all the maps off, and its still the same.

I suppose logically it does affect it in that it has to at the very least load up the info about the map, so they (maps) can be presented to you when you host a game. There will be some processing going on, but enough to notice ? Not on my computer.

Have you had noticed any difference so far ? Also, you can always stop emp loading the maps by renaming the folder/directory.

well erj.. its hard to say because my online game speed depend most of the time on the dial up networking  current status.which means when the servers are croweded i lag and i cant even do 1 vs 1. on the other hand  when its hollydays or weekends and all the banks are shot off the net is faster and i can host 2 vs 2 games eazly . so i cant say when or haw mutch i am effected

but i realy hate to risk more of my game speed for any rason because the game is hardly working for me at it current status.so i think i wont be adding stuff

note: we talked befor bout if playing sounds and muzik maks any deffrent .well i think yes .i think i noticed some speed when the sounds are off.the reson i am saying this is because i have empire earth game and they say if i turn sounds off i save 5mb of the game loading files and if we say that all the big maps are no more than 4mb, so 5mb is too mutch.

It does process them a little. The fact that they show up in the drop down list of maps available shows emperor has processed that directory (MAPS) and has sorted them in alfabetical order...etc...etc..

But like I said, I didnt notice any slowdown with 1GB of maps. Maybe it doesnt slow it down any significant amount..

well man dont ask me. i know nothing about computers . i think i wil just stick to wot they said :  removing maps will speed up empror loading  for some screens. i dont know what the hell that means lol . but i will not add any maps at 1 place so it wont coz the game to slow down loading some screns ( which i still dont know what that mean lol) but i dont want it to happen,