freespace2 open source

spicy

i dont know haw many here like space simulation games. i mean the good space games sutch as wing commander and freespace seires not the games we find on the market these dayes.actuly its nice to command big armyes but i find same plasuers  simulating thoses beautyfull  space crafts . anway what i want to say here is that freespace2 whitch is considerd to be at least one of the best was actuly relased at 1999 which is not too far awy from ebfd was relased .well when the game got older the company relased it to be downloaded for free and olso relased its open source so that 100s of new mods games and new campaing and missions was made.its all legal with sponsoring of the mother company guys its amezing the game stayed alive and even got better the multyplayer server have 10s of players  24/7

what if we got sutch deal with EA. i mean this web can turn into a home to the game allowing 10s of mods and new missons and campains olso the game it self to be downloaded as full version and then it can have publicty at some famouse free games ws like freefullgames or fullgamessk 100s of peapol will visit.and why not.when i asked some xwisc stuff about players with pirated copyes  ::)  lol  they told me they dont care and they have no way of knowing pirated seirals . isnt that the reson why red alert have 2 many games on line? because u can get so eazy from the net.ebfd will be as good as new if guys can find it downloadble at a click of a mouse 10s of players will join i think its mutch better to open this game than to sell it for a dollar on ebay

maybe EAwould rather we got pissed off with ebfd and went out and got which ever overpriced game they were selling us. Maybe if  people start playing games for longer, instead of buying new ones they might believe they will lose revenue...

Maybe they see little benifit from it (despite the fact that I think it would be excellent advertisement; you can look at their old "versions" of their games and you can see that they support the community by giving the game TO the community after they have made their money, which would be fair IMO).

• Upvote 1

You're right spicy. You do have a point there. It's damn shame that there are tons of quality games nowadays that are just forgotten. Maybe because they were not advertised enough or because they didn't sell expected amount of copies. FS2 open source is excellent release for all those who enjoy a spacesim with a an epic plot. While you're at it, don't forget to check all the available mods for it.

A Babylon 5 modification is a decent one. But as stated above. I agree with you spicy.