New Political fanfic game

TMA_1

DO any of you guys remember my Ceres vs. Mentis political deplomacy game? I want to start up a new game. They never really got started offbecause nobody was interested. In my opinion it could have been something new and creative in the mix. THere are a lot of war games but Dune at it's heart is really a political book more than one of war. Afterall war is just the falling out of deplomacy and good politics. WOuld any of you guys be interested in a new sort of fanfic of this nature? please post here and give ideas. I am looking for experianced fanfic people as well.

Personally I would very much like to see something more political taking place. Unfortunately, threads without much violence (Espionage, Fed2k Meadhall, Battlegames...) just don't seem to take off here. Still, you've got my support.

I don't think I was around for the original you mentioned (ran a search and got this thread), so if you could give some details as to exactly how this will work, I'd be able to comment better, suggest ideas, etc.

Deplomacy, Chronicals, your spelling isn't so healthy right now, is it? ;)

I never claimed to be a good speller Khan, it isnt a trait I have I ecsell at. ;) lol

no it isnt too healthy. That is what being out of college for a year and not writing for a long while will do to your abilities. I swear though that I will spellcheck more often though, as I must sound likea  goon.lol But please overlook this for a fanfic idea that would actually catch my interest. Something that doesnt have to do with text battles like most threads.lol

I will post the original idea of Ceres Vs. Mentis and then I will post ideas for a completely new creation in a bit. And thanks in advance to those who can overlook my spelling. ;)

hehe :)

Okay here it is guys. This was the original proposal. There is a lot missing, but I am hoping people will get the idea. It will be a purely political game, and we will come up with the groundrules as more ideas come.

Okay here was the original proposal. This is just a rough idea of what I was looking for. I want a diplomacy game, a war of words. It seems much more fun and enthralling than the typical war game, though don

I will start working on a new historical setting to get a better flavor of what we are dealing with. This will also help in understanding the needs of both parties and of the universe in which this game will be set. We need to come up with a deep and elaborate setting basically, and as I said I will start that up but anybody wishing to help with the story and setting is welcomed. Not only this but we need to set up a more elaborate government. We need a parliment, a sort of proto-landsraad and a more complex system of the two main houses that are dealt with. We also need to come up with some ground rules for the tribunal of judges, and a basic constitution of sorts. I again can work on that but help would be appriciated. THis has to feel so real as to create an urgancy to solve the problems at hand. I think this can all be done, and if it is done right, this could be a game that can evolve and grow, getting very popular and most of all very fun. If more people get into this we could change the game and reset the time and play it over and over, creating many different kinds of endings. If all goes well then eventually we can even bring into the mix war elements, and it could even grow from there.

Does anybody like the concept? I think this couldb e an awesome game. I need a lot of help though but I will be willing to put in my all, as I am not that busy till the late Summer and Fall, when I will be starting school again. I am totally serious about this.

good good, cant wait to hear from more of you. Tell other people about this game, and IM meif any of you want to help me with teh concepts. I cant do all of this on my own, though I will try if need be. I would also love this to get really really deep and complex.

my screen names are here for any of you who want to IM me.

AIM: Vigilante109

MSN: jmandahl@juno.com (yeah its weird I use Juno as the id, but it works.heh)

Right now I need help in making a simple constitution for groundrules in how to handle the delegations. We need to come up with some sort of backdrop so that when we play the game we have rules on how to do what we need to do. the organization of the different factions wil lcome more easily after we have this set up. Ill start on it pretty soon.

I am currently writing out a simple appendix to this game, and eventually I will write more about each specific group mentioned here. I havent finished it, but I will. Here are some of the first explanations of political sects, peoples, and rules of law. We need to make a groundbase so that we can really get this game started. Dont worry I will elaborate more on the keywords I didnt mention, and more detail will be put in the keywords already written about. Once this is finished I can more cohesively fix this whole system together. When this game is eventually played, there will be people who will be apart of each specific sect. DOnt worry guys this will kick ass. :)

~~~~~

The Tribunal: A set of three judges who arbitrate the legalities of actions committed by great and minor Houses. They interpret the constitution and judge each case without bias, which is important specifically when dealing with the parliament. All choices made by the parliament are overseen by the tribunal. If the judges find anything unconstitutional or unethical, the judges have the power to overrule the parliament. There is a protection against the power of the tribunal though. If 3/4th’s of the parliament agrees that the tribunal is incorrect in their findings, then the Imperial House can decide to judge for or against what the tribunal ruled.

• 1 year later...

Okay guys, this time I really want to do this, and I am going to hit the groudn running. I am going to spend each day adding to the historical and technical background for this fanfic game. I have added just a small amount of new stuff to what I have written. Tomorrow I will add more. I will tell you guys when I feel that the background for this is finished. If it all looks good i will really push for this to work. Here is the latest addition to everything so far.

The Tribunal: A set of three judges who arbitrate the legalities of actions committed by great and minor Houses. They interpret the constitution and judge each case without bias, which is important specifically when dealing with the parliament. All choices made by the parliament are overseen by the tribunal. If the judges find anything unconstitutional or unethical, the judges have the power to overrule the parliament. There is a protection against the power of the tribunal though. If 3/4th