what makes you a good player?

spicy

omg !

I go away for a few hours and the worlds taking the pee out of me !

And Apoo, I expect more from you then that, not to stoop to Jeffyboys level. Bah, I can take y'all on. (of course, that Apoo tactic of using the Power button on my comptuer to win might be engaged, should it seem like I am going to lose......hehe,...lose, me (!)  8)).

I like your ideas on getting better Spicy, keep it up and you may become a better player.  ::)

well ya,  erj. i figuerd  playing on line is good but its too hard to organize your base and  refyneries at speed 8  with players like kalony

or ords  are smaching your army.  so a premade  plan is importent

so you guys said your openion ok, but non of you wanted to tell some secrets. what made you good players??? ???

Speed and the knowledge of how to counter stuff...

So when the Mino hoard is being attacked by inks and there are fremen backing up the inks to take out your fedys, and a few sards to stop some elites from coming in...

So when the Mino hoard is being attacked by inks and there are fremen backing up the inks to take out your fedys, and a few sards to stop some elites from coming in...

Your saying the enemy has only imperial sards not elites.  So simply pick up inks with an advanced carrys or kill them with ornithopters.

u wanna be a good player? so u need:

-knowledge about the econemy...test bo`s find ur bo.

-knowledge bout every unit and mixes of units. wich units r good against wich unit

-knowledge bout ur opponent, most ppl have same strats all the way. if u know it u can fight it

-be fast

-have a good strat and be a good teamplayer thats probably the most important thing

-learn to get a feeling how to move ur units, u will c it makes a huge differenc

-watch all those elite suckas playing, and copy their style till u find ur own way

-use 1 house only first till u are good with it....than u can change. please dont try    atreides ...  it looks easy but its the hardest house for beginners coz of slowness and econemy

-play as much as u can...only if u play emp like a full-time-job in the beginning u will get realy good....hehe...but dont forget ur family and ur friends, coz emp will never keep u alive but them

c yall, coz i miss emp smetimes...hehe, but im so busy with rocking in real live nowadays....

www.krieger-music.com

KALONY

I agree you have to have a plan going into the game. Sp1cy you also mentioned how difficult it is for you to set up your base when being attacked...I would suggest practicing layouts on different rocks to see which way you can get the most on it and in an organised fashion. Also watch some of the better players and see how they layout their base...I think you will find that most players use the same layout every time they have the same rock. This will eliminate your need to think about where and how to place buildings. Don't forget that you can change the direction a building faces when you place it.

Aside from having a plan...you need to be able to adapt. If you see that the BO you are using is going to be ineffective against what you see your enemy doing...CHANGE YOUR BO!!! Don't get so locked into a Bo that you have tunnel vision.

I'm sure there are guys alot better than me who have better advice. So lets here it.

Yea, having several BO's that you know already makes a big difference. I think you'll get better just keep practicing.  One thing I would say is keep your infantry with your buzz at start instead of just having buzz all alone or away from your inf. Maybe try the E key for building placement, once I started using that hotkey, I couldn't ever not use it. But your production is fine well that i've seen so far. I've seen alot worse.

Play the game if you like it

dont worry to much about "good player" status

you play alot you become "good player"

also dont blame your partner for loss

no one likes that and normaly shows the child intellect

the most played map is fishers plain....i have for all rocks a "programmed" placement for my buildings. so i dont have to search or try. i just place and start to built the next building.

and its realy important to change ur bo sometimes also if the game already run 3 minuits. for example: i go normal bo, with much inf and dusts, than i see, that my opponent next to me is pumpin out minos fast, than i dont need much more gasmen, i will stop producing them, i would make some aa instead of gas, place em in my spice, and go for sards frems and a few lazers. when u stop making light inf u will have more money, that makes the stop important imo

kalony

waw thats good advice kalony. its very usfull for nobs thats why i say we should put this in sticky.

ok here is a more direct question:  haw you guys moves.its amazing  i get

amezmerized. i fight one of you with dubble army size and you still kill my units haw you make stuff go ure way? i mean for  untis combo sutch as buzez, light infentry and sards do u put them in 1 group? using  the f1,f2..

or do you use pp for multy armed units or the tt for untis for same kind??

i would say  1 of the most importing keys control is the shift- ctrl buttoms... U know of it?? i remember when i didnt know of it... And spacelord allways beat the shit out of my, no matter how big my army were compare to his...... Really change the game for me..... and using the j key so all your units go slow, insteed of your buzz or dusties run ahead of your inft.... .... Make the gameplay far more better ,i still suck tho...... ::) but not at much as i have ....

to move the units, u need experience...for minos u have to press "s" to stop them, coz shift ctrl dont work that good for minos. with dusts and lazerz u have to hit n run, and try to pick up damaged units and move them away from a battle so that they can repair. especially for lvl up units. anyway, try and try as much as u can, u need just a good feeling what no1 can explain....i think we call this SKILLS...hehe

what makes you a good player?

when your name begins with Gun ...and ends with wounds.

Wait didn't/wouldn't Nav say something to that effect?  :)  (Sorry sometimes when one tee's something up like that you have to hit it)

gunwounds. do you know the defrence between playing funny vedio games and real life combat time??? man i mean any 5 year old kid can bust ure ass with those funny balsting canons that u may find in a veidio game

were do u stand from a real guns shoot out. have u ever been to war? are u a soldier? if not please take it eazy on us man

Play the game if you like it

dont worry to much about "good player" status

you play alot you become "good player"

also dont blame your partner for loss

no one likes that and normaly shows the child intellect

i fully aggre with you... sometimes we thinking about game  status and oponent skills.... we must think fast and take points about enemy... all of you making lots of infantry... but why? all houses is difference and taking difference efects.... sometimes infantry is good but sometimes it sucks.... mixing your army is good ,but easy taking by powerfull unit... im green in game (newbye) but few times a was taking game in my hands...