Big news XBOX fans.....

Seal89999

Was just looking around and I stumbled apon this..... :)

"In Console Wars, Xbox Is Latest to Rearm

By MICHEL MARRIOTT, The New York Times

(May 13) - Looking for an advantage in the next round of the video-console wars, Microsoft has made the first move.

Right.  Except with 9,600 MHz of processing power instead of 450.  And a 20-40GB hard drive.  And 512MB RAM.  And...the graphics thingy.  Which leads me to a point or two.

One: Why on earth do you need three 3.2GHz Intel processors?  How is that ever going to be cost effective?  That must be a $5,000+ processor core!  Even the not-yet-released AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ is over $1000, and that is a)half the speed of this new X-Box's chip and b)being AMD, half the price of an Intel equivalent.  Is Microsoft really planning on releasing a game console that will make Alienware's top-of-the-line models look inexpensive?

And two: What's up with the graphics core?  According to Gamespy's Tech Specs page, it's some new ATI solution with a 500MHz core and only 10MB of 533MHz dedicated VRAM?  How is that going to be able to handle anything?  I have a 4-month-old Gateway with a Mobility RADEON 9600, and it has 64MB of dedicated VRAM (admittedly only at 235MHz) and a 407.5MHz core, and I can't even come close to being able to run DOOM3 or Painkiller at maximum graphics.  (Although it would appear that shadows and lighting are the Achilles heel of the 9600, since games like UT2004 and HL2 do fine at maximum graphics.)

i think XBOX is gonna make sure they dont make the same mistake they made with the original XBOX.... the original Xbox was just a 700mhz processor with a modified Geforce 3 graphics card...... VOMIT ! ! !

Finally they are gonna make a console that can rival a home PC.

I also hear that Halo 3 may not be ready to come out for Xbox 360 but I'm no so sure of it.

But they are making Halo 2 Directors Cut for the new Xbox 360 which is supposed to have an alternate ending and more multiplayer stuff.

PS3 sucks and new Xbox360 owns.

PS3 will obviously be more powerful than the XBOX 360.... for the simple fact that it is going to be released a YEAR LATER than XBOX 360.

However we people living in this instant gratification world dont give a shart about that and will buy up the Xbox 360 despite the fact it will have no competition.

well... i assume its called 360 to represent the circles that a 3-D sphere is made up of ....and in the graphics world a perfect sphere is something to be cherished.

But you are right.. its not very exciting name.  But Xbox 3 isnt either.

I think xbox 3 sounds better than 360, if only by a little bit.

I also hear that Halo 3 may not be ready to come out for Xbox 360 but I'm no so sure of it.

Just after halo2 went gold, bungie said in an interview that they were working on a project for microsoft that was not halo 3.

PS3 will obviously be more powerful than the XBOX 360.... for the simple fact that it is going to be released a YEAR LATER than XBOX 360.

It's gonna be like when the PS2 released and was awesome for a long time and then Xbox came later with better graphic capabilities and a hard drive.  But now PS3 gets to have the later jump on Xbox 360 so we get to see how well it stands up in the long run.  To me, the PS2 was better and still is, except for the fact that it doesn't have Halo/2. :P

Well, it would be Xbox 2 if we were doing editions. Which sounds better to someone who doesn't know much about Xbox and PS - Xbox 2 VS PS 3 or Xbox 360 VS PS 3? Marketing, my friends. Makes all the difference.

It makes the 'don't know shit' people just think of Microsoft as stupid people, hehe.

...Is this the 360th version of Xbox? In like two-three years? Do I have to renew it that often?...

Other than a nifty controller,  it is pretty much a damn PC tower with components, marketed as a 'ultimate gaming console'. Please, I'll make my own gaming rig, and for probably a whole lot less, and each time I upgrade make new and cool names for it.  With the difference being I can play games from any one of the current game consoles sold on my own PC. So why would I go spend a crapload for an X-BOX? or as I would like to call it PC-inabox.  :P

Water-based cooling system for a console, 3 * 3.2G CPU, must have widescreen and 5.1 sound system as basic, and may not be able to play XBox games...Now I wonder how many can afford to buy such a beast?

Somehow I think this XBox 360 thing would follow the path of all colour portable consoles before GBC appeared...

Somehow I think this XBox 360 thing would follow the path of all colour portable consoles before GBC appeared...

Sega Gamegear? One of my friends had that. Pretty cool.

Only good thing about consoles is that you can invite friends over and play multiplayer. It's harder to invite friends over to play a computer game.

Other than a nifty controller,  it is pretty much a damn PC tower with components, marketed as a 'ultimate gaming console'.

It's only abit more portable and that aint much.

or as I would like to call it PC-inabox. :P

:D