Red Alert 3

Dunenewt

Now that Red Alert 3 has been officially announced, what are people's opinions and hopes for this game?  Also, this game will be released on the Nintendo DS apparently, and there will be a C&C game available for the PSP.

Can anybody tell me what was remotely appealing about RA2? Because I still haven't figured out. Visually/graphicly it was about 2 years behind all the other game developpers. It was incredibly fast paced/rush biased. And the units: an armoured blimp wich drops unguided bombs and moves slower then a pedestrian, a Cuban suicide bomber (wtf?) and a mind controlled squid? Everything about the game was ridiculous, and it's even worse because the original Red Alert was an outstanding game with I enjoyed thoroughly.

As long as they don't follow the trend of having three or four sides. Especially where you have two opposite sides, and then you got the aliens.

Axis and Allies only please. With the respective countries on each side. Just like Red alert 1

Can anybody tell me what was remotely appealing about RA2?

I played that game on a slow computer and when the game got going and lots of buildings/units it was slow. The entrenched GI was cool.

Well it was a pretty good game i have to say. Well admittedly not if you were expecting a serious game. It had fantasy units and well, I thought they were pretty fun to play with. It had no brilliant storyline, no brilliant tactical options, no super graphics but it was still fun. Well I think it's one of the games which players either like or hate. But it was good to me. Not better or worse than emperor, but different

Well it was a pretty good game i have to say. Well admittedly not if you were expecting a serious game. It had fantasy units and well, I thought they were pretty fun to play with. It had no brilliant storyline, no brilliant tactical options, no super graphics but it was still fun. Well I think it's one of the games which players either like or hate. But it was good to me. Not better or worse than emperor, but different

I totally agree with you. Looks like many people dislike RA2 cuz they've become used to seriuosness of the previous CnC games... RA2 has many allusions with plenty Hollywood action movies, and must be treated like one, I think.

Returning to the original topic, is it me or they really haven't even announced the genre of the coming RA game?

Personally, I'd like to see a FPS like Call of Duty set in RA1 universe.

RA2 was fantastic.

It fast and fun for internet play. Yet not a "click on abilities" frenzy like Blizzard's RTSs.

I was quite good at that and very rarely used any rush in it. You can tank rush there, but you can easily block a rusher and defeat with with nasty tricks (Take done harvesters, steal technology, aerial strikes)

-Shiroko