Damn!

Mihail

I just found out that my friend's grandmother was the goddaughter of Al Capone(Big Mafia boss, for all those Dutch who have been too consumed in their own world domination plans to notice an American gangster!)

Pretty awesome. According to him, his grandmother's grandfather asked Capone to be goddaughter to his daughter. My friend's name is Tom Salamone, and he's American-Italian! :D :)

Pretty awesome. What famous people have you met or known?

To honor ;) his new movie he's in (Mystic River), I thought I would come up with a new thread to see what each person's number is.

Go to http://oracleofbacon.org/oracle/index.html

And type in someones name you have met before(only has to be once, preferably in person or up close (words not need to be exhanged)) or know.(preferably an actor or such that can be found at www.imdb.com) Add 1 to the person you knows' number.

I have a few numbers.

The Oracle says: sarah polley has a Bacon number of 2.

Sarah Polley was in Exotica (1994) with Elias Koteas

Elias Koteas was in Novocaine (2001) with Kevin Bacon

That makes me a number 3, whoohoo :D

(met her on a photo shoot thing right near my house for road to avonlea)

Also

The Oracle says: Jean Chretien has a Bacon number of 3.

Jean Chretien(primeminister) was in Frank Truth, The (2001) with Dan Aykroyd

Dan Aykroyd was in Loser (2000) with Colleen Camp

Colleen Camp was in Trapped (2002) with Kevin Bacon

thats a 4 for me :( I met jean chretien on a field trip to ottawa. He seemed intoxicated.(or he at least liked drinking everyones beer) Got group picture with him.

The Oracle says: Don (II) Cherry [the hockey guy] has a Bacon number of 3.

Don (II) Cherry was in Frank Truth, The (2001) with Dan Aykroyd

Dan Aykroyd was in Loser (2000) with Colleen Camp

Colleen Camp was in Trapped (2002) with Kevin Bacon

That is 4 also. Met Don cherry at maple leaf gardens and got a picture with him.

If I can come up with at least 3 links, someone who actually leaves their province/state/country more than me must be able to come up with closer, more interesting links than what I posted.

Knew it would come in handy.

(Big Mafia boss, for all those Dutch who have been too consumed in their own world domination plans to notice an American gangster!)

what makes you believe mr. Capone wasn't as small pown in our great plann. . ?

[ that's why world domination is so easy. . you just can't think big . . ]

btw ixer man, boostng your post count?

That's ironic! :P

Famous people I've met?

Natalie Portman, Alan Rickman, Liam Neeson, Ewan McGreggor, Kevin Spacey, Christopher Columbus, Xzibit and loads more I can't think of now.

What you get when your dad works in the film industry. :/

Sweet. Get Xzibit to pimp your ride. ;)

EDIT: I just realized this, but there are a lot of famous person's children in my class. The daughter of a newspaper tycoon, the daughter of a radio choir...ehh...director(?).Well,the one that directs everything and waves the stick about. The son of a very successful and reputed(At least in Latvia) architect.The son of the man who is the host for the Latvian version of Who Wants to Be A Millionaire?

Ooo. I knew I forgot some "famous" people.

In first year university my neighbour in my apt was one of the Canadian world junior champion curlers.

And another Canadian world junior champion curler was in one of my classes.

you guys should come to the Netherands. .. besides all our own famour people on an average day in Amsterdam you can meet most US famous people to. . although they try not te be famous most of the time. . . :P

You know Brad Pit get's lessons in Rotterdam in architecture....