Strange events

Reactor

Greetings, fighters!

I wonder if you encountered anything unusual, or strange during the game. Like unusual AI acts,or any weird happenings.

I encountered the following: The AI somehow starts to "learn" after several practice games. I started a game with 4 enemies (3 Atreides and 1 Ordos). I was also Atreides. After 2 hours of game, the Ordos gained Airstrikes and Fremen somehow. It was unusual,because the AI always sold the captured stuff before. It seems that the Ordos AI kept an Atreides construction yard for a short period of time, while it built up the Atreides Hi-tech, and Palace, and sold it only after it. Would this be possible?

Another strange event. It occurred today.

I was playing Practice mission, with 4 opponents. When I defeated one of them, a few harvesters remained. I accidently deviated them (I was with Ordos), and they haven't changed back. No matter what I did, I shot them, I lead them into spice blooms, they remained mine. It was strange :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Another strange event, which occurred today.

I played 'gainst the AI, with 6 players. I was wit' Atreides. When I destroyed the harvesters of my last opponent ('twas an Atreides as well), it - as always - sold all his buildings. One of the Light infantrymen which appeared from the closed building was INVINCIBLE!!! I shot him with Devast

Yes, this is a possible explanation for this event. 'Twas quite strange I tell you, the Light infantrymen hadn't move or shoot, it just standed there, and was invincible :) I think you're right, the game forgot to apply the normal infantry properties,after the building have been closed.

• 4 months later...

Two more strange events, I found out these today:

Disappearing sand dunes - When a spice bloom "explodes" near a dune-wrinkled land, the "clusters" erase out the dunes, and creates normal sand instead.

Invulnerable Carryalls - Shiroko mentioned that if a Carryall becomes destroyed while transportin' a unit, both will be destroyed. This doesn't seem to be right. If a Carryall carries a unit, and there are Missile tanks around, no matter how many times they shot the aeroplane wit' the carried unit, it cannot be destroyed . I experimented wit' it within 30 minutes, when a Carryall brought back a Harvester to the opponent's base ruins, but nothing happened. At least 200 missiles have been fired at the Carryall.

well i know better

if you can build on white sand (make sure worms are on) put thumper near place where you build on white sand, build heavy factory and produce tank .. see what will happen worm will attack tank inside of factory

for making buldings on white sand as DRFsimmsy or muis2004 or ophirus

• 15 years later...