Serenity.

Super-ness

Ron Glass is in it.

One of the male actors has a reduced role due to a scheduling conflict, but who it was was never stated.  My guess it was Glass.

Universal execs saw the finished cut last week and loved it so much they opened it this weekend in ten select cities in order to get word of mouth out about it.

Oh god oh god oh god oh god

All that's running through my mind right now

And it strarted just before Wash said the same damn thing.

I'm having an actual physical reaction to this trailer.

I can't even tell if it was a good trailer or not, or even if I care.

It was simply seeing NEW GORRAM FIREFLY!

It just-  I just can't think.

I was in the middle of harsh realm, but tommorow in my garage Firefly goes on.

Now to watch that friggin thing until my eyes bleed.

• 3 months later...

And we all knwo how much you want Khan....

Saw the 0 year old virgin last night.

The enw serenity trailer (the ebst of the bunch) played before it.

That's three movies ina  row where I've seent he serenity trailer.  Four or five for the friend I went with.

And te marketign campaign is supposed to be starting soon.

• 2 weeks later...

SERENITY COMMERCIAL!  SERENITY COMMERCIAL!

IT HAD NEW FOOTAGE!

Hope it's not the same one they'll be playing on other networks 'cause, as much as I loved my Serenity it seemed a little to much sci-fi guns and spaceships for the mainstream audience....

But for Space or sci-fi I'm sure it's fine.

SERENITY COMMERCIAL!  SERENITY COMMERCIAL!

• 3 weeks later...

Again, if you reveal a single spoiler, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.

I may have to jsut stop visiting the internet until I see it.  Everywhere I go are Serenity spoilers....

Btw, ever heard of a place called Warp 1 comics off Whyte avenue, Jesse?

I stumbled across a message from Nathon Fillion requesting a boycott of the store.  Apaprently he wasn't treated too well.  It's kinda funny.

It is times like these that I feel like Malcolm Reynolds. This is something that would surely get you kicked into an engine. I just went to a comic store to purchase the Serenity comic for my mom. The sweetheart that she is, gave her issues (with her favorite character on the front) to relatives who were having trouble tracking one down. Please bear in mind that Canada is a wonderous place where the service industry is polite and helpful, and that this experience is not the norm. The store I chose, which shall remain nameless (Warp 1 Comics), at an undisclosed location (just off Whyte Ave), has the singlemost sanctimonious, condescending, dishonest a$$hole I've had the misfortune of meeting. My brother and I called ahead to find out they had one issue left, but upon arriving, found out they are gouging people $20 bucks for the damned thing! "That's what they're worth." he sneered at me. I asked him to show me a listing of some sort to back it up. "Well, I just know what I paid Dark Horse for it." He wouldn't show me that, either. I am aware that Dark Horse wasn't expecting these books to sell as well as they are, and that they are going into a second printing, but I just picked up three of them two days ago at cover price at another store. My brother piped up with a, "What an interesting attitude you have." Let me tell you folks, this fella had an attitude, and a smirk that you wanted to knock off his face with a baseball bat dipped in dog poop. Of course, my brother couldn't help letting this guy know who he was trying to hose by holding the issue next to my face. "This guy look familliar? This isn't some JoJo off the street! He knows what he's talking about!" Check this out- the reply of this one-eyed crap-catcher, who shall remain nameless (Darryl) was, (and imagine a dullards voice- how we make people we don't like sound in a story) "Well, then you can call Joss Whedon and ask him."

Wouldn't a smart business man ask me to sign an issue and sell me one at a fair price? Wouldn't that fetch a prettier penny than ripping me off for one issue? Congratulations, dude! You are now on the Browncoat $hitlist.

Never have I tried to wield power in this way, but if being Malcolm Reynolds has taught me anything, it's to follow my over-developed sense of vengeance. BOYCOTT WARP ONE COMICS! If you are in the neighborhood, drop by to tell "Patchy" that Browncoats don't take $hit from anyone. Tell your friends not to shop there, and lock 'em in the airlock if they do. Copy this post and e-mail it to fellow Edmontonians. Bump it to keep it alive.

Thank you. Thank you for letting me rant. If you feel I'm overboard, please feel free to, as Joss would say, contemplate silently.

The Captain

I was actually searching for something totally different and there was a link to it on fireflyfans.net.

So I googled Nathan fillion comic book warp one and got like four or five pages orf results.  Including the comic book shop owners blog where he just brushed it off saying Fillion was lying and blowing everything out of proportion.

From the replies to Fillion's post it seems his was not a unique experience from that particular store.

It's a good thing I don't live in Edmonton.  Or frequent comic book stores.  Or read comics.  Seems like such rip-offs are fairly common.

Jesse did not understate this movie when he called it "Awesome."

It was freaking awesome.

I have never been in a movie theater where the audience reacted as tehy did.  From laughing one moment to a communal "OH GOD!" the next with applause at the end.

Applause.

I've only ever seen that at the end of one other movie.

This movie was just... perfect.