Questions for Westwood/IG

Gobalopper

Ask Westwood or IG your questions on Dune Emperor below. Please limit it to one question per post and no more then 5 questions at a time. Keep the questions relating to Dune in some form or another.

These questions will be sent to Westwood, or if we are lucky will be answered right here on the messageboard. Keep in mind this thread if for "posting" questions, create another thread if you wish to discuss them.

I received some answers from a WW employee, you can find them in bold underneath the question. I will see about getting more answered later in the week.

Let me be the first to start :)

1.) What is the official reason WW/Intelligent games decided not to follow the Dune canon (ie. including Ordos rather than another house that couldve easily come from the books)?

Its based on the film license.

2.) Do all Houses have the ability to ally with any subfaction of their choosing?

Not in single player, eg Harkonen cannot ally with Fremen. But you can have any sub-house in multiplayer.

3.) Which House has the ability to control Sardaukar?

They are a sub-house as the Corrino.

4.) Will there be various colors to choose from for your House?

Yes, in multiplayer.

5.) What benefits does each of the subfactions provide to the main houses?

New units therefor new tactics. Plus certain houses/sub-houses will trigger certain events in the campaign.

Guest Gamemania

1)I saw in the movie that there are no pavement. Please explain about this.

If you mean concrete then you can chose to have it auto created with your buildings for a higher cost/construction time.

2)Can we battle in other planets (like ordos, atraides, and harkonnen)?

Yes.

3)Will there be same/similliar units/buildings or will it be balanced high like Red Alert 2?

Not so much balanced high but giving every unit a behaviour and feel that is appropriate for that side.

4)Will Emperor feature cities/civillian buildings and water?

Some of the offworlds will feature water. And there will be structures that aren't just game ones.

5)Will there be an official board for Emperor?

Here

1.) What is the official reason WW/Intelligent games decided not to follow the Dune canon (ie. including Ordos rather than another house that couldve easily come from the books)?

WW owns the movie license only

so they can only base it on the movie

I've only got 3 questions:

1)Are you going to renew your license to produce more dune games, or are you going to wait to see how this one is accepted?

2)How are you going to get money on other planets that have no spice?

3)Think you could send a free copy to all of us dune fans who have kept your game alive here at dune2k? Maybe as a sort of publicity ploy? (I don't think any of us would mind:)

1) How will you guys over at Westwood keep up the hype of Emperor until its release? Can you constantly update the Emperor site with new screenshots and other media?

2) Will the Dune music be changed or will some same tracks from Dune2k appear? (The music in Dune2k was awesome!)

3) Will there be any weather effects? (Like sandstorms or avalanches or earthquakes?)

4) Other than the style of choosing your next territory to attack, what other strategic elements will there be in the game? Will it be more realistic, such as true line of sight?

Guest shaidemon

Hopefully, Westwood will respond to these questions, incl. mine :)

1. Will there be a network savegame option for LAN play? This was great feature in RA!

2. Will Dune III support higher resolutions like 1024x768?

3. When will Dune III be available for advance ordering? Currently not on EA site.