Is it coming?

sniper

I saw on Code Red (a RA2 website) that they have heard from a source from EA that the next WW game will be called 'Dune Emporer' and will probably be a 3D RTS. They also mentioned a massive online game called Earth (I think). Well hope thats true!

I think we can start to really get a wishlist going and even start a Dune Emporer site now..........

Guest Gamemania

You guys are very stupid. It is indeed Delphi from Westwood Studios (Chris Rubyor, PR guy)! He's giving us a very very big hint! It indicates that the next Dune is already under development and will be revealed, maybe some months after RA2, or some months after Renegade!

Worship Chris :)!!!!!

have u ever been to a beach sand doesnt get muddy unless there is a rain to sand ratio of 3:1 and there isnt that much water hanging around arrakis... and then it would just be quick sand and be no worse than a sand worm eating them..... hey great idea, quick sand on dune 3 where you can always lose units, any u cant see it until you have already lost a unit in it.

Judging from that scanned pic on the main site it appears the ground is mud. Meaning this game will take place after the transformation of Arrakis during the God Emperor's reign (Leto II). I find this odd because by the time of his reign there are very few great houses left and no landsraad and that = bad for a RTS.

Unless, of course, they decide to butcher the Dune novels once again (which really wouldnt surprise me one bit). At the very least they have an excuse to not use hand to hand combat in the game this time, shields were outlawed in the Imperium of Leto II.