Magic: The Gathering

Alexander_Ordos

I know there was a similar thread long long ago, but I decided not to dig it out but to start a fresh one.  So do you guys play the game? If yes what's the archetype of your T2 deck? Extended?

I myself play for already a year and I'm obsessed with it. I have assembled a full Mono Blue Control deck, and show up quite well in the tournaments  8)

Neither do I actualy, because I started playing seriuosly since Champions of Kamigawa, been playing core game before that  ;D. I know about those ninjas, there was an article at magicthegathering.com about the ramake of the precon Ninjutsu deck. And it did perform quite well, but it'd still face alot of rpoblems playing agains WW or Mono Black Control with a bunch of removal spells... :-

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'm digging this one up. M:tG rocks :) In fact, I would recommend getting Magic Workstation to play online with an infinite card pool... but that's your own choice ;)

White Weenie was really good in the urza cycle days, when we had soul warden, mother of runes, white knight, soltaris.. just to name a few. But well, they took out Armageddon, and White Weenie stagnated... or has it?

I haven't played in a tournament for 6 months, so I have no idea how it does now. But when Kamigawa came out, it was one of the strongest decks. Isamaru, Leonin Skyhunter, Suntail Hawk, Lantern Kami, Samurai of the pale curtain formed a team of little creatures, which, boosted by glorious anthem and bonesplitter were unstoppable. No armaggedon, but the next set brought Hokori.

Workstation? Peh. Long live the original apprentice! I used to be a judge in e-league.com.

I used to play Apprentice too, but it lacks the Magic flavour in my opinion anyway. I haven't really heard much about the new version of White Weenie, but I sure prefer the classic one. I don't like Hokori either :-

But perhaps some Samurai decks could actually count as White Weenie? Bushi Tenderfoot is a real nice guy ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Love the game  8) but just started playing ravinica. in my area we dont play extended often, i think i got into it at about the mirrodin set but i got junk back to before the 7th. ravinicas cool i got a nice dimir deck (black blue with the spcialty of countering/decking) It pwns, go psychic blast! I like the dimir's transmute to give u just the right card (basicly) trade urself a card such as consult the necrosages (2 discarded from opponents hand or u draw 2) for a ..say...perplex (counter spell or instant unless oponent discards intire hand.)

Muddle the mixture is also good. I like thier Guildmage with it 4 mana cost discard/draw skills ^^

I don't like the Ravnica guildmages. Too difficult to use effectively, especially if you're playing a fast deck.

Dimir's my favourite guild too, but I'm not too good at it :( I play fairly well with Selesnya (spelling?) though.

Cards before 7th aren't crap. Hell, The Rath Cycle and the Urza Cycle are the best cycles ever! ;D