Empire Earth 2

Universal

• 3 weeks later...

i dont know if i will be getting it.. i like empire earth because there is alot of strategy that can be developed from it. i just hope it doesnt end up like the 1st online.

- certain epochs are over played

- pre to nano games not a single military unit is built before modern age

- mass bombers in ww1/ww2 and modern epoch games

but empire earth 2 does look like a decent game.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had it for a while, and I must say I didn't like it very much.

It's too chaotic. You can have countless strategies, which is good, but the game quickly gets very chaotic, and I find myself struggling to keep watch of my border. I don't know if this is something I just have to get used to, but it's too easy, when you have a big base, to get attacked somewhere you don't have defences.

Empire Earth 2 really is a game which shines ONLINE. Go on gamespy.com and get type "empire earth 2" in the search engines. The article there explain this more in detail (strategy, diplomacy...).

But if even then you don't like the game (which I idn't play yet), I DID play Rise of Nations and I liked it... more than I usually like games :) BigHugeGames made the game and they are from Firaxis (Civilization); it shows in their vision.

• 2 weeks later...

Empire Earth 2 is much worse than Empire Earth 1 in my opinion. EE2 seems to heavily influenced by Rise Of Nations (which IMO was a mediocre game compared to the likes of Age Of Empires and shite compared to EE) with no of unit's and unit types DRASTICALLY reduced. Also, in EE, the nature of the units seriously changed with the epochs. In EE 2, it seems that the game retains it's scissors,rock,paper, type battling (Although, to be honest, I only saw epochs 1-3 and 7-9 before becoming bored and uninstalling the game). The game does have some nice features but some of them reduce strategy and freedom. For example, the building restrictions for one territory reduce the early possibilities significantly (Although not much of a strat, the teck rush play style is limited due to only being able to build a single university in one epoch). But the worst part of the game is definetly the reduction in unit variety, especially in the cybers department. Although I haven't seen themselves, apparently 2 or 3 standard ''anti'' combat mechs (ie: anti-inf, anti-tank, whatever) replace the 8 or 10 combat and special mechs of the original and in the air department the 3 diff coppers and 5 diff aircraft are replaced with simply fighters and bombers

• 2 weeks later...