An ambitious project...

Duamutef

Excellent English in my opinion. After speaking with a few Italians personally, I've come to the conclusion that they must have some proficiency with English... plus, the accent kicks ass :D

I have a copy of the Dune Encyclopedia should you need anything else.

I'm developing the game rules...

It's a bit hard to figure a homogenous way to cope with commerce, technology, human resources, culture... and politics...

:O

If you have nice ideas about the general rules for this game, make me know!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been a long time!Ā  :D

I'm using a bunch of programming languages... from Visual C# to DarkBasic Professional...

Here are a pair of pics for your viewing pleasure!

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

Thank you so much, friends! It sure looks cool but I've been spending whole nights while trying to create convincing mentat personalities...

And the territories name were hard to figure too... by the way I feel that I'm following the right way...

If you have any idea concerning this game, make me know. I'm still in the early developing stages and am open to suggestions of any kind!Ā  ;)

Do you like the Griffin House Harkonnen Logo?Ā  ::)

PS: As you may have noticed, the UI is still being designed... that explains all that 'mute' buttons!Ā  ;D

And the territories name were hard to figure too... by the way I feel that I'm following the right way...

By territories, do you mean on Dune (Arrakis)?

If so, I had come up with some names taken from the map of Dune for a project called Dune Jihad, some I kinda made up or guessed.

Look under the statistics pages for the names.

Don't forget to look at the cool map as well. ;)

I would recommend looking through the books as well as the "house" series of novels, as they have maps and names from a couple planets.

...eh eh eh!

No, maybe this game is a bit more complex than the one you're thinking about!

Every single planet has its unique array of territories...

Gammu includes regions like Abulurd Canyons, Central Refineries, Elacca Agricultural Systems...

Arrakis includes regions like Shield Wall, Carthag, Sietch Tabr...

Caladan includes regions like Barbican, Serena's Necklace, Pavonis' Arena...

and so on!

There will be something like 20-30 civilizations in this game, every one going along 4 main characterization plus a distinctive twist...

The game will consist of two separate phases: the real-time 3d battles and the 2d interface global management system. It's growing up in such a complex way that it will need more time than I originally planned... so please be patient!Ā  ;D

EDIT: No replies yet?Ā  :-[

• 3 months later...

Yeah the project looks fairly awesome. Will the combat part of the game be in the style of traditional RTS games? or will it be like civilization? If u managed to pull it off as more like a standard rts this game could be massive.

;)

Thank you for the compliments.

I've got a little problem.

I'm using Facegen Modeller to create a 3d model of Dune's characters from various houses like Abulurd Harkonnen, Vorian Atreides, Hwi Noree, Shaka Mwami... and so on!Ā  :O

The software is awesome, but it has a little problem: there is NO hair simulation. Do you know where i can find realistic 3d models of hair and other props like futuristic hats? ^_^

Thank you in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

;)

Thank you for the compliments.

I've got a little problem.

I'm using Facegen Modeller to create a 3d model of Dune's characters from various houses like Abulurd Harkonnen, Vorian Atreides, Hwi Noree, Shaka Mwami... and so on!Ā  :O

The software is awesome, but it has a little problem: there is NO hair simulation. Do you know where i can find realistic 3d models of hair and other props like futuristic hats? ^_^

Thank you in advance.

There are few specific hair plugin on the net, tough I'm not sure if they're free. It creates such weird particles which look normally more as fur than hair, but if you'll play with it, it could go.

http://www.plugin.com/product/10374

http://www.ibmr.net/Ornatrix/index.php