Emperor Alliances

Gobalopper

Well it reads as if they planned to do a "Warcraft III" style Heroes based RTS expansion/sequel.

They obviously also wanted it to appeal to more than just Dune people, hence the presence of so many planetary and space based wars with Arrakis being a smaller component...

....interesting that ex-Westwood (and EBFD) guys are writing a planetary+space based Heroes RTS for the Star Wars universe!

...I would have loved playing Emperor Alliances!

Poor tlialaxu, isnt their fualt they are "misunderstood". I feel sorry for them, "ganged up" upon.

Yeah, all they wanted to do was conquer the universe and kill everyone in it.

Hey, they are on a God given mission, they cannot help it if everyone else has gone astray. Anyway, wiping them out is fine so long aas its 1 vs 1. but to gang up ? thats bad in my books...But then I dont author any decent book so I guess no one will care.

What is Emperor Alliences anyway ? Looks like Fan fic to me, no game.

Yeah, but EA holds the license for Dune games. Don't they? :O

They hold the film liscence, cryo held the book liscence but they lost it when they went bankrupt I guess, a new company could buy that.

They hold the film liscence, cryo held the book liscence but they lost it when they went bankrupt I guess, a new company could buy that.

Huh, I wonder what it would take to convince Blizzard or another good company to buy it....

Huh, I wonder what it would take to convince Blizzard or another good company to buy it....

Blizzard has never done a game based on an outside liscence before, I hardly believe they'd start now, especially seeing as their parent company (Vivendi Universal) is going bankrupt.  I frankly see Blizzard milking every penny they can from WoW then closing up shop.

Petroglyph is probably a more reasonable possibility, but they've already said they won't be attempting to get the C&C liscence from EA, so I imagine the story is the same for Dune. :-

Blizzard has never done a game based on an outside liscence before, I hardly believe they'd start now, especially seeing as their parent company (Vivendi Universal) is going bankrupt.  I frankly see Blizzard milking every penny they can from WoW then closing up shop.

My god, what does that mean for Star Craft!?  :'(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually, I believe MCA Universal holds the rights to the film, and I would be surprised if EA retained those rights any longer than they needed to in order to legally sell & market the game.

If someone wanted to make a DUNE game, they should inquire there... and dig out their pocket books.. it won't be cheap.

~Chris