Redux 3 Beta Has Arrived

neonext

When I am constructing a unit, and I have several on queue and I right click on the unit being built with the queue, it cancels the current one being built, where it shouldn't cancel it until I cancel the very last one.

In campaign mode, near the middle of a game, the enemy had a high tech built and he sent an orni to attack my base. it started to attack my base 9(s the speaker thing said "base under attack" or whatever), when I wen to see what was attacking it was the orni, and it was flying north  on my base, then kept going north until off the screen. Haven't seen it again. I had no rocket turrets to shoot it down either, just my ornis in the area. It was attacking my construction yard judging by the damage.

They sent another orni to attack my base. It started to attack my high tech, then went after my palace.

The ordos seem to be producing pink units. See image.

Sometimes the "B" command does not select all my ornis. I had only 3-4 ornis produced and it did not seem to select one of them. I could individually select the unit, but it did not respond to the "B" command.

What's even worse is that I defeated the enemy with a death hand missile, and the game is not finishing! Do missions finish when their are enemy ornis in the air? Maybe that rogue orni is causing the bug?

Would be nice if their was a delete button that would destroy your own unit when it is selected.

When I tell a unit to guard another unit, it does not follow that unit.

There is definitely something wrong with the spice factories/harvesters, as when I build about 10 of them, it only goes to a certain max, and when i start spending the money it does not go back up to where it was, even after a harvester goes on a spice factory. Maybe this is because the harvester must go on its original platform?

15009 is one max, I have gotten with two silos (do silos do anything?)

I built another silo and the max is 16024. Built another silo and the max is now 15564.

I cant seem to control harvesters is any way.

Is there a reason why the Ordos AI built a refinery before building a power plant at the first of a game?

I told my orni to guard an area and it wouldn't attack an enemy harvester.

Odd, once again I can not complete a campaign game. I was atreides bottom left corner territory vs ordos top left territory. All units were destroyed, and no enemy high tech was built.

Started new game, told orni to guard enemy base, and it decides to attack the enemy harvester instead of many buildings and enemy units such as infantry/quads. Why did it attack a harvester this time compared to last time? Did it need the harvester to be moving or have a spice factory?

Actually, after taking one shot at the harvester, it started attacking infantry (first shot there killed like 20 :D.)

When I tell units to attack a building but do not move the mouse and right click to deselect the cursor stays as the attack cursor.

Umm, was the ordos top left and was attacked by the atreides bottom left. Game would not finish after I defeated the enemy (it just keeps going with no "atreides will be victorius".)

I was harkonnen, and the game would no finish. I was fighting ordos.

Harkonnen enemy barracks is producing pink soldiers.

I believe the soldiers in an image were dropped off there.

Corrino vs Harkonnen would not end.

There is an image in the zipped file with the worm on fire after being atatcked for so long. Is it possible that the worm could have a differet graphic, as I dont think worms catch on fire the same way vehicles would when under attack/damaged. ;)

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

this exploit has been fixed in the next version, due out very soon.

is the game working for you now?

Skirmish works fine, (well, aside from all other known bugs perhaps :) ) and is great fun, but campaign mode still crashes, no matter what side I choose.

The ordos seem to be producing pink units. See image.

This is a problem with the order of structures in struct.txt and the references to them in the r3m map file you are using. For the next version, I took the time to reorganize structs.txt and update the map file to reflect the changes.

Sometimes the "B" command does not select all my ornis. I had only 3-4 ornis produced and it did not seem to select one of them. I could individually select the unit, but it did not respond to the "B" command.

This is strange... I haven't seen it yet, but I will investigate

What's even worse is that I defeated the enemy with a death hand missile, and the game is not finishing! Do missions finish when their are enemy ornis in the air? Maybe that rogue orni is causing the bug?

Air units are never counted. This should only happen in campaign mode and is probably a result of the bug where units run off the right side of the map

Would be nice if their was a delete button that would destroy your own unit when it is selected.

Will do. Would be nice for structures too. Also a sell button, I've been wanting that feature for awhile, as I often get caught with no form of income and a bunch of now useless structures

When I tell a unit to guard another unit, it does not follow that unit.

Guard mode on units has not been implemented yet, I will add it to the list

There is definitely something wrong with the spice factories/harvesters, as when I build about 10 of them, it only goes to a certain max, and when i start spending the money it does not go back up to where it was, even after a harvester goes on a spice factory. Maybe this is because the harvester must go on its original platform?

15009 is one max, I have gotten with two silos (do silos do anything?)

I have seen this too, I'm not sure what is causing the problem but I will figure it out. Harvesters always go to the closest available platform.

EDIT: It turns out that silos have indeed been coded to raise the credit cap for each player. There are bugs in 1.0, however, that prevent this feature from working properly, which makes the credit cap become the absolute maximum, which is currently about 32000. There are also bugs with this limit, and when it is crossed the credit meter will not function correctly (and possibly some other strange behaviour changes as well)

I cant seem to control harvesters is any way.

This is the biggest remaining thing I'm working on for the next update. There are definitally too many problems with them

Is there a reason why the Ordos AI built a refinery before building a power plant at the first of a game?

They are just cheating ;D

I might take the time to go through the map file and sort the structure entries so that they are in the right build order, but for now the AI players will just be given an extra edge over the player

I told my orni to guard an area and it wouldn't attack an enemy harvester.

This is probably the coolest bug fix in the next version. Orni's will now act like units do, attacking things within its weapon's max range

Odd, once again I can not complete a campaign game. I was atreides bottom left corner territory vs ordos top left territory. All units were destroyed, and no enemy high tech was built.

I will try to add something to at least try to prevent units from ever leaving the map. Let me know if this still happens in the next version

Started new game, told orni to guard enemy base, and it decides to attack the enemy harvester instead of many buildings and enemy units such as infantry/quads. Why did it attack a harvester this time compared to last time? Did it need the harvester to be moving or have a spice factory?

Actually, after taking one shot at the harvester, it started attacking infantry (first shot there killed like 20 :D.)

It used to be completely random. The new way is much better - this game is quickly becoming very cool and fun to play :)

Is it possible that the worm could have a differet graphic, as I dont think worms catch on fire the same way vehicles would when under attack/damaged. ;)

I thought I had fixed this bug, thanks for the report. Your posts are always full of good bug/feature list items. Thanks again for your help

This is strange... I haven't seen it yet, but I will investigate

I have only seen it the once.

I will try to add something to at least try to prevent units from ever leaving the map. Let me know if this still happens in the next version

Should it have happened 5 games in a row? Some games I didn't even let the AI build up, I simply tried to defeat it as fast as possible.

Can't wait for new version. :P

Tiberium Dawn*, 1.1, 70%

Dune 2, 1.0, 97%

Star Wars*, 1.1, 90%

Total Annihilation*, 1.1, 80%

*For demonstration purposes only, no public release.

Cool! Will these mods have similiar or better graphics than Dune 2 mod? Are they still going to be for demonstration purposes only?

Should probably update the screenshots part of redux website.

Should it have happened 5 games in a row? Some games I didn't even let the AI build up, I simply tried to defeat it as fast as possible.

If they aren't even able to build trikes and it still happens, then there is definitally something else wrong. I'll look into it

Cool! Will these mods have similiar or better graphics than Dune 2 mod? Are they still going to be for demonstration purposes only?

The Dune 2 mod doesn't use the engine to it's full potential. The CnC mod is much better in terms of graphic quality and amount of action. The Total Annihilation mod is only about halfway done, but is surprisingly similar to the original, with only slightly worse graphics. The Star Wars mod is mostly done, and features a different playstyle, where aside from running around with your troops and their laser pistols (and the various vehicles of the star wars universe), you fly space battles where you control a single xwing or whatever. I need to add more support for using just a keyboard, but it works great with a gamepad. The last mod, the original Redux 3 modern war themed game, is a mix between the Star Wars mod and the CnC mod. Each mod uses at least one major feature not used in the others. It might be possible to release some of them in the future, but for now there is no chance of releasing to the general public :(

I installed all updates, redownloaded everything and such.

The game still has the very low fps for me. I have no clue why.

I clicked "Single" and then on the green (left upper) area.After that things went weird. I could build a Const yard when clicking on an empty icon. After that, i repared that structure and suddendly i got lots of troops. It went way slower when drawing the troops.

Something else i noticed is that the map drawing has a bug. When scrolling i saw 'rows' of spice missing (on the right and bottom)...

I could build a Const yard when clicking on an empty icon.

Pretty sure that bug has been reported in various forms :)

- When building just about anything (using the left hand menu), you can click on an empty item slot in the menu, and deploy a building that was not what you were building. Like, I was building a refinery, and clicked an empty menu item, and placed a construction yard. I was even able to place the construction yard when the refinery was not even completely built.

Hmm, I can get a free construction yard by clicking an 'empty' build icon, or, if I'm busy building something, and then click an empty icon, the building is finished instantly :)

After that, i repared that structure and suddendly i got lots of troops. It went way slower when drawing the troops.

Do they get dropped off by [3] carryalls?

That could be your reinforcements, unless it is specifically related to repairing a building.

Screenshot would be nice :)

Version 1.01 is ready and waiting. Please let me know soon if there are any new major problems, as this will be the version I will be demonstrating to potential employers.

New players can download the full repackaged game, which is about 23 megabytes compressed.

http://redux.dune2k.com/

Special thanks to all players and those who have contributed with bug reports and suggestions. I couldn't have got here so quickly without you.

REVISIONS SINCE 1.0

x Fixed problem with player giving orders to infantry to attack structures

x Fixed problem with credits going well over the absolute maximum limit, causing the strange credit problems (Andrew)

x Fixed some interface artwork problems that caused selected aircraft to be blackened out for certain sides

x Harvest control has been completely changed. You now have direct control over your harvesters. The only time they automate is when they are first deployed, in which case they will search for the nearest uncovered spice field. Harvesters will continue to return to the same spice spot that they harvested from until givin a different order (Andrew)

x Refineries will now pick up harvesters that are not full

x You can now click on refineries when harvesters are selected to order them to return. When you do this, they will not lose track of their harvest location. If you want the harvester to return and not go back out to harvest, click on a cell that is adjacent to the refinery

x At least one spice field is now placed near each player's base (Andrew)

x Pending reinforcements no longer prevent a game from finishing. This should solve most instances where the player is left sitting on a map with no opposition left. Keep me informed (Andrew)

x Fixed a problem with aircraft guidance. Aircraft should no longer fly off the map to the north. Let me know if you still catch it happening (Andrew)

x Fixed a bug which caused overlays (such as walls) to become unavailable after a few games

x Updated structs.txt to load all structures with multiple definitions correctly. This is needed for the campaign mode when players aren't loaded in their normal spot and for skirmishes where a player's side is changed (Andrew)

x Added ability to base a structure's requirement on a structure# + owner's side#. Structures with multiple definitions (for side differences) can now be refered to by putting an 's' and then the starting structure number. See "Requires" entry in structs.txt for an example.

x Due to the above fix, many structure requirements have been changed and the build menu layout has also been changed

x The skirmish menu now properly assigns you to a player slot after a campaign has already been started (Andrew)

x Fixed new bug that prevented the player from entering numbers into the chat box

x Changed default map AI base layouts some and increased the max # of structures in the game to 128

x Fixed problem with short aircraft names loading incorrectly

x You can now tell where harvesters will be drawn in refineries. In the refinery data section in structs.txt, menu type/item 2 are the negative x/y cell offsets, and type/item 3 are the negative x/y pixel offsets. Type/item 4 are the facing angles for the harvester

x Added new value in aircraft.txt: Turn Rate, which decides how slow the aircraft turns and seems to mostly fix the problem with the aircraft turning in endless mini circles around its target

x AI players with a difficulty rating of at least average will now repair their structures (Andrew)

x Aircraft now target nearby units, infantry, and structures correctly (Andrew)

x You can now tell the game where to draw the defensive structures' weapons over them. Use menu type 2 for the x offset value and menu item 2 for the y offset value

x Added more weapon and structure slots to the game, if you are keeping your modified weapons.txt or structs.txt, make sure you add the extra entries to the end when you start using this new version

x Fixed problem with structure menu items being carried over to another page when the box should be empty

x Fixed bug which resulted in the free construction yard by selecting empty boxes explot (Cyborg)

x Fixed a new problem with trajectories for weapons with "Arcing" property

x Fixed splash damage done to structures

x Some small misc fixes and changes

Campaign - Atreides (me) vs Ordos

Thought this was mentioned before, but after selecting a rally point and not right clicking, I am unable to scroll.

I would think it would be cool if not already implemented, but that when ornis crash they do a little bit of damage where they crash.

The bug where when an enemy orni gets shot at and a carryall crashes is still there. See image.

The enemy orni is able to shoot at my buildings while it is crashing (on fire).

The AI cheated and built a high tech before building a repair bay. Also builds a rocket turret after building a refinery.

When right clicking on a building in the construction yard, it builds the building and also cancels it. Right clicking should only be for cancelling right?

Is it just me or when I have no power, my buildings are getting damaged? Either that ir I'm missing when enemy ornis attack my base.

I lost the battle near enemy base, now I'm in defensive mode. Ornis are pretty good for defense.

I havn't seen the enemy build a palace yet.

When I am building multiple units and I want to scale back the queue, it cancels the one that is building first.

Frame rate goes down to 14 FPS when lots of action (lots of ornis firing).

skirmish

For some reason an enemy trike destroyed one of my quads while under attack by two quads. :(

Still unable to tell turrets to attack enemy units.

There are still many radar innacuracies. Shrowd on it is quite innaccurate, adn I also saw that it said I had a unti near enemy base which I don't, as it was destroyed 5 minutes ago.

When I press escape button, then go back into the game the radar is blank and it seems to redraw everything again very slowly.

Quad slab goes to 101%

Single slab goes to 104%

Sometimes when I place a quad slab, it only places a single slab.

Repair bay repairs units for free. Only problem with this is if I had the repari bay at edge of by base surrounded with units for defense, I doubt they could be defeted. Would only need to repair the building.

AI defeated me in skirmish. Got nuked.

Actually, I defeated the 3 AI with only 1 heavy factory and several turrets and several spice factories.

Have no idea how the enemy harvestor got where it is in the image. Actually there were 2 harvestors stacked on one another there.

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

When right clicking on a building in the construction yard, it builds the building and also cancels it. Right clicking should only be for cancelling right?

Yup, I will fix this, in addition to the problem with it canceling contruction when there are items in the queue

Is it just me or when I have no power, my buildings are getting damaged? Either that ir I'm missing when enemy ornis attack my base.

You are probably missing something. I'll see if I can get the "Our base is under attack" to be a bit more reliable.

I havn't seen the enemy build a palace yet.

The AI builds many structures, the palace being almost the last one. This makes me think that perhaps the AI's should have different build orders based on the difficulty.

Frame rate goes down to 14 FPS when lots of action (lots of ornis firing).

If work on the next version goes smoothly, I will see if I can optimize the code some more.

Once again, lots of good stuff. I have my work cut out for me

• 3 weeks later...

Well I cant even get into a game :(

on the main menu when I move my mouse the pointer takes about 3 seconds to respond and moves up really slowly.  I'm using windows XP home if that helps

thanks

- vidi

• 3 weeks later...
LAST UPDATED: August 14th

CURRENT VERSION IS: 1.02

LATEST NEWS: I am way too busy to continue development at this time. When I have more free time I will probably continue, at least at a slow pace.

Check the first post of this thread for updates.

Although I was wondering the same thing.

The demo has provided me with many favorable responses from employers. Many thanks to those who contributed with bug reports and ideas, they certainly helped. I am going to remain extremely busy until I am settled down in my new job, so unfortunately there will be a big delay in development. Even then it will likely be at a much slower pace, but I am still very proud of this project and I don't want to see it die.

Vidi: I'm sorry you can't get the game working. It has been tested on systems as slow as 400mhz with 16mb of video memory. From what I remember, your system is way beyond that but let me know your specs so we can try to figure it out.

Stefan: I've been keeping tabs on your development as always, and it's exciting to see the prospects that have come up. I sincerely hope that work comes along smoothly, and that there's a balance between adding features and keeping the workload managable, so we can someday soon enjoy the fruits of the effort.

Andrew: I've just got to personally thank you here. You've been a tremendous help